Chapter 40 (Last Chapter)

Kayla had to leave for a dance class she had to attend, Paisley and Jeremy went out and Bryson had to get to the diner, leaving me and Nate alone at my house, working in the room.

I had set my stereo up in there to listen to music as we worked, and we haven't said anything to each other yet.

On the shelves that Nate had hammered to the wall, I sat pictures of Nate and I at different dates we had and one at the arena.

You're probably wondering why, and the answer is that I want my baby to have pictures of his parents.

I would want pictures of my parents in my room.. Just because I'm weird like that.

There is also a collage of all of my friends kissing my big belly in a frame, so things looked good there.

On the chair in there was a blue pillow with a white anchor and the nightstand had a small blue anchor pillow leaning against the lamp.

Everything looked so adorable!!

Right now I was finishing putting the bedding on that barely got out of the dryer and a I placed a small bite teddy bear by the pillow.

When I turned around to look what else to do, I saw Nate looking at the pictures on the shelf with a sad face, so I quickly turned around, not wanting him to know I was watching him.

Hanging on the windows were two different curtains. The inside ones were thin white curtains and the outer ones were the white ones with the blue lines that I was talking about earlier, it blocks out light.

As I was about to start putting stuff on the dresser, I felt a kick in my stomach and gasped.

Nate looked over at me with concern and I looked down at my stomach, placing a hand on it.

A few more kicks came and my smile grew so big just feeling it.

"What is it? Are you okay?" Nathaniel asked as he came up to me.

"I'm fine" I smiled softly "He's kicking."

"C-can I feel?" he scratched his neck nervously.

I grinned at his nervousness before grabbing his hand softly and placing it on my belly.

Nothing happened for a couple of seconds but then another kick came and Nate's eyes widened in shock and excitement.

A few more kicks happened until it all stopped.

"That's amazing" he whispered, not taking his hands off of my stomach.

"Yeah, it is.." I smiled, looking at his hands.

Just like they used to, I got goose bumps just from him touching me.

Yeah, my feelings are still there, which makes me remember exactly what he's been talking me.

He doesn't love me. He just wants his kid.

I stepped out of his reach before turning back to the dresser and placing a small basket on there along with a baby monitor thing I bought the other day.

"Do you want some dinner?" I asked.

"Sure" he smiled "Ill go order pizza."

With that, he walked out of the room, hitting the door behind him.

I let out a long breath I had been holding in as I sat down in the chair and placed my hands on my belly.

"I wish you could have us both" I whispered, rubbing the bump. "You have no idea how much I wish you could have a normal life with two parents who love each other and were together."

By now tears were falling silently down my face as I continued thinking of how his life will be like having deepest ex parents.

"I'm so sorry" I cried out.

I'm not gonna let him take my baby. I will fight even if it kills me.

Okay, maybe not literally, but you get my drift.