Chapter 5

FIVE YEARS LATER-
"Tracie! Lane! Lunch is ready!" Your voice echoed throughout the Avengers facility. It was quiet, as usual, until it was interpreted by two pairs of small feet stomping into the kitchen with giggles following.

"There's my two troublemakers!" You smile as you bend down to their height. They both engulf you into their small hugs as they laugh.

"We're you playing superhero again?" You say as you pull away from their hugs.

"Uh huh. I was Lipkash and Lane was Kicksiver!" Tracie smiles. You laugh at her mispronunciation of your and Pietros hero names. Then you look over Lane, your son.

He wore a shirt of Pietros that was in your dresser drawer. The sleeves went far past his small wrists and hands, showing just how small Lane was compared to Pietro. You smile sadly and look at him.

"Where did you get this?" You ask, with the smile still gracing your features. "I got it from daddy's drawer in your room," he smiles innocently. Tears prick your eyes. He had no clue how many tears that shirt bore..

Lane took after his father. He had his sharp jaw, bleach hair, and cunning smile, while his personality was cocky. The only thing that Lane had was your eyes. His eyes were E/c and it suited him quite well. To see him wear Pietros shirt was like looking at a younger version of Pietro.

Tracie, on the other hand, took after you. Your (face shape) feature, beautiful smile, H/c hair, and your unstoppable and unbeatable personality. The thing that she had from Pietro, was his eyes. Tracie had baby blue eyes that were just like Pietros.

You loved them so much that words could not explain...

"Okay honey, but give it back when your done okay baby?" You question as you stand up completely.

"Now, who's hungry?" You smirk, already knowing the answer.

"Me! Me! Me! Me!!" The two 4 almost 5 year olds chant. You smile as they sit at their kids table, since the adult table was too high for them.

You turned around and picked up the two juice boxes and two lunchables. You walk and sit at the small kiddy table.

"I want my food first!" Tracie said sassily as she pointed to herself. "No way!! I'm the oldest so I get food first!" Lane smirks as he points to himself as well.

"Well if you're not nice to each other, neither of you will get anything. I'll have to eat these lunchables all by myself!" You joke as you smirk.

"No nooo!! We're sorry mommy!" Lane says quickly. "We won't do it again!!" Tracie also tried to convince.

"Hmm... I don't know," you hide your smile as you tap your pointer finger to your chin, acting like you were thinking.

"Pleaseeeee!!" Your children say in sync. You smile as you give in.

"Okay fine. Enjoy! And what do you say?" You put a hand up to your ear.

"Thank you mommy!!" The say together once again.

"That's going to wear real thin real fast," a womanly voice was heard, gathering all three of your attentions.

"Auntie Nat!!" Tracie screams as the two run over to her and hug her. Each grabs a leg and throws their arms around her thighs. You sigh as your head goes limp.

"I had them ready to eat Nat!" You whine as you stand from your seat and walk over to her.

"I know I know," she smiles as you hug her. Tracie and Lane stand patiently at your side.

"Meeting's about to start. You ready?" She asks. You nod and sigh, putting your hands on your hips.

"Yeah.. I guess," you tuck a piece of hair behind your ear as you nod again. Then a small argument was heard from Tracie and Lane, until they start fighting with each other. Eventually they started using their powers to fight.

Lane runs super speed circles around Tracie chanting 'nah nah nah nah boo boo!! You can't get me!!'. Tracie stomped her foot and started matching Lanes speed. Them, eventually, on the ground rolling around.

"Hey hey!! What did I say about using powers?" You say with a knowing look. They looks down and apologize to you.

"It's okay, go and eat loves," you say with a nod. They both smile at each other and run over to their seat, using their speed.

"It's like they didn't even hear me say 'don't use your powers'," you sigh as Nat pats your back, sympathetically.

"I really wish mom was here," you whine as you put your forehead onto Natasha's shoulder.

"Need some help?" A manly voice was heard. It was Steve.

A long sigh of relief blew from your mouth as you looked towards the entrance of the kitchen.

You walk over to him and hug him, "If you could, can you please stay with them while they eat and then put them down for a nap? That would be amazing pops..."

He grins as he pulls away from your hug. "Of course honey. Just go tend to your meeting, okay?" He says as he kisses your head.

"Thank you!" You say as you walk over to your children. You bend down to their table.

"Okay loves, mommy's got an important call to make okay? You listen to paw-paw and I'll make sure to tell Santa you've done good today," you smile.

Excitement rushes through the kids' veins as they nod vigorously.

"Okay good. I love you, and I love you," you say as you kiss Lanes cheek and then Tracies.

"Love you too mommy!" Lane hugs you tightly. You could definitely tell he was a momma boy. Tracie always hung around Steve, she would be a daddy's girl if... he was still here.

You pat Lanes small head as he sits back down. You begin to walk away.

"I love both of you equally with all my heart!!" You say quickly as you walk away with Nat.

"Hey! What about me?" Steve calls as he sits at the kiddy table next to his great-grandchildren.

"I love you with my all of my mind?" You question, trying to think of something that you love him with.

"What about your soul?" Steve calls back as you get further away.

"No, Pietro..is my soulmate.."
<<<•••>>>
1017 word count. Until the next chapter my hero's😘😘 -Kay😜