Chapter 30

"Did you miss me....princess?"

You're voice was caught in your throat as your breathing hitched.

The world around you seemed to go in slow motion as he walks out in front of you.

Pietro Maximoff... the love of your life...

You were completely speechless. You couldn't believe your eyes.

"M-my Love?" You question quietly, as he kneels down to you.

You reached out timidly, unsure if your mind was playing tricks on you or if it was real.

Your emotions going completely wild, adrenaline running through every inch of your body.

As you finally got the courage to proceed, you place a hand on his cheek.

His warm skin heated your cold fingers as his scruff tickled your small digits.

You smiled sadly as your eyes watered up.

H-he's real...

You didn't waste any time pulling him into a tight hug, pulling him onto the ground with you.

He chuckled lightly at your almost playful like behavior.

"I haven't zeen you zo happy before princess," Pietro grins as his body rested on top of yours.

You break the hug and look into his baby blues, that Tracie had inherited.

"You have no idea..." you whisper as you pull him towards you roughly.

Your lips smashed together, hungrily, but yet the kiss was soft. Full of love and passion.

The emotions behind your kiss surprised Pietro, for him, he hadn't seen you for about an hour, for you... you haven't seen him in 5 years.

"You guys can do that later! Right now we need to focus!" A male voice separated you and  Pietro.

You look up and see Steve swinging Mjolnir around while also using his shield.

He had been fighting off the Outriders and Chitauri men that were around you and Pietro.

You blush and look away, partly embarrassed, but mostly, overly happy.

Pietro stands to his feet quickly and reaches his hand out towards you, helping you off the ground.

"Shall we Princess?" He asks, a sly smirk playing his lips.

"We shall," you grin back and take his hand.

As you stand, you and Pietro go back to back, fighting off the enemy... together.

Across the field, Peter Quill flies in the air, shooting his space guns at every enemy he sees.

A sudden Chitauri jumps onto Star Lords back, taking him down to the ground.

As he gets slammed into the ground, two more Chitauri men show up.

He fights off one of them while the other successfully knocks him to the ground.

The Chitauri man lifts his sword like weapon to bring down on Peter Quill, but is ultimately stopped, and killed, before anything.

The man fell to the ground, dead by a shot through its chest.

As Peter pushes the body off of his own, he sits up and looks at the person that saved him.

He retracts him helmet to the small piece of machinery behind his ear as his face falls into absolute shock.