Chapter 16

All the Avengers sat in the conference room with holograms displaying the different location, the Soul and Power stones in space in 2014, the Reality stone in Asgard, 2013, and the Space, Mind, and Time stones in New York City 2012.

"All right. We have a plan. Six stones, three teams. One shot.." Steve says with a nod.

"And no pressure whatsoever," you add with a wink to the whole team.

This is it... this is where things change..

The Avengers walk in a file to the Quantum Time machine, wearing the Quantum Suits, albeit with some minor differences for different people.

"Five years ago, we lost. All of us. We lost friends... We lost family... We lost a part of ourselves. Today, we have a chance to take it all back..."

"You know your teams, you know your missions. Get the stones, get them back. One round trip each. No mistakes. No do-overs..."

"Most of us are going somewhere we know. But it doesn't mean we should know what to expect.  Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives. And we're gonna win..."

"Whatever it takes. Good luck..." Steve finished his speech as you pat his back.

"He's pretty good at that," Rocket mumbles with a head tilt.

"Right?" Scott agrees as he wiggles his body, getting all his jitteriness out.

"All right. You heard the man. Stroke those keys, jolly green," Tony says to Bruce.

"Trackers engaged," Bruce says as he walks into the glass platform with the rest of the ground. 

"You promise to bring that back in one piece, right?" Rocket says, talking about the shrunken Benatar in Clint's hand.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay. I'll do my best," Clint pushes it off and gets ready.

"As promises go, that was pretty lame," Rocker mumbles.

"See you in a minute," Natasha says as she grabs your hand for a split second, and then it happened.

You all shrink and enter the Quantum Realm, and you all split at different intervals, going to a different place at a different time in history.

The First Group was you, Tony, Steve, Bruce, and Scott. The 5 of you traveled to New York in 2012, the first true Avengers battle.

"All right, we all have our assignments. Two stones uptown, one stone, down. Stay low. Keep an eye on the clock," Steve says as his white and red suit disappears into his hand device, everyone else's suits, including yours, follows.

Just then, 2012 Hulk passes by them, smashing everything in his way. Everyone turns around and looks at Bruce. He puts his hand on his face, embarrassed.

"Feel free to smash some things along the way," Steve says as he looks at Bruce.

"I think it's gratuitous, but whatever," Bruce says as he rips his shirt off, leaving him in shorts.

Present Bruce pretends to smash things in a sarcastic way. He lightly punches the car, making a small dent, all the while making growling noises. He picks up a motorbike and throws it at a wall, wincing as it hits the wall.

Soon enough, he took off towards the stone that was his responsibility, the time stone, as the other four of you ran the other way.

On the Roof of the Sanctum Sanctorum where 2012 The Ancient One protects it from passing enemies, Bruce tries to enter through the roof before noticing her.

"I'd be careful going that way. We just had the floors waxed," The 2012 Ancient one says, surprising Bruce.

"Ma'am, I'm looking for Doctor Strange," Bruce says as he looks around.

"You're about... five years too early. Stephen Strange is currently performing surgery about twenty blocks that way. What do you want from him?" Ancient one has as she points in the direction Strange is in.

"That, actually," Bruce says as he points to the Eye of Agamotto, where the time stone is kept.

"Ah. I'm afraid not," Ancient one says as she tried walking away.

"Sorry, but I wasn't asking," Bruce says as he walks back around to face the Ancient one.

"You don't wanna do this," she says.

"Ah, you're right, I don't," Bruce says as he reached for the eye.

"But I need that stone, and I don't have time to beat it-," he was cut off by The Ancient One pushing Bruce' astral form out of his body.

Bruce who's is now in astral form looks at The Ancient One horrified.

"Let's start over, shall we?"
<<<•••>>>
On Asgard in 2013, to the prison in where Loki from The Dark World, sitting in his cell.

Without him noticing, Rocket and Thor creep by, past the cell. They stop at a pillar a few meters away room of where Jane Foster is.

"That's Jane," Thor says as he looks at his beautiful ex.

"All right. Here's the deal, Tubby. You're gonna charm her and I'm gonna poke her with this thing," Rocket says as he holds up a device with three extraction needles.

"And extract the Reality Stone and get gone, lickety-split," Rocket finishes with a vigorous nod.

"I'll be right back, okay? There's a wine cellar, that's just down there. My father used to fish huge barrels of ale. I'll see if the cellar has a couple of..."

"Hey! Hey! Aren't you drunk enough already?" Rocket cuts Thor off.

Suddenly, a door opens, Thor and Rocket both try to hide. Several ladies go through the door and the one woman leading the, was Frigga walking. Thor sees his mother, and swallows the lump in his throat.

"Who's the fancy broad?" Rocket asks, talking about Frigga.

"It's my Mother. She dies today," Thor says, his voice faltering.

"Oh. That's today?" Rocket questions as Thor nods slightly.

"I can't do this. I can't do this. I shouldn't be here. I shouldn't have come. This was a bad idea.." Thor begins to freak out and walking away.

"Come here.." Rocket says to Thor as Thor listens.

"No, no, no. I think I'm having...I'm having a panic attack. I shouldn't be here...this is...this is a bad-," "Come here. Right here," Rocket cuts Thor off.

Rocket slaps Thor harshly.

"You think you're the only one who lost people? What do you think we're doing here? I lost the only family I ever had. Quill, Groot, Drax, the chick with the antenna, all gone..."

"Now, I get you miss your Mom. But she's gone. Really gone. And there are plenty of people who are only kinda gone. But you can help them..."

"So is it too much to ask that you brush the crumbs outta your beard, make schmoopy talk to Pretty Pants, and when she's not looking, suck out the Infinity Stone and help me get my family back?" Rocket asks, not even a tear slipping by his little confession.

"Okay..." Thor breaths become steady.

"Are you crying?" Rocket asks as his face falls into a blank one.

"No...Yes!" Thor corrects himself.

"Get it together! You can do this. You can do this. All right?" Rocket convinces Thor.

"Yes, I can," Thor hypes himself up. "Good," Rocket replies.

"I can do this. I can do it I can't do this..." Thor whispers to himself as he runs away quietly, Rocket not noticing.

"Alright, Heartbreaker. She's alone. This is our shot," Rocket says as he turns back to where Thor was moments ago.

"Thor? Thor!"
<<<•••>>>
1230 word count. Until the next chapter my hero's😘😘 -Kay😜