Chapter 11

Back at the Avengers Facility, Bruce fiddles with several control panels, getting ready for the time travel test. Scott has brought his van with the quantum tunnel in the trunk, thankfully.

"Okay, here we go. Time travel test number one. Scott, fire up the uhhh... the van thing," Bruce says as Scott opens up the back doors.

"Breakers are set, emergency generators are on standby," Steve says as he walks back from the side of the large garage room.

"Good. 'Cause if we blow the grid, I don't wanna lose tiny here in the 1950s," Banner say, causing you, Scott, Nat and Cap to give Bruce a panicked look.

"Excuse me?" Scott questions with worry.

"He's kidding. You can't say things like that!" Natasha says as she, also, messes with a panel.

"Just... It was a bad joke..." Banner says as Scott nods and turns around, getting ready to leave.

"You'll be fine Scott!!" You shout and then quietly turn to Bruce. "You were kidding 100% right?"

"I have no idea. We're talking about time travel here. Either it's all a joke, or none of it is," Bruce says to you as he presses a few more buttons.

"We're good! Get your helmet on, Scott. I'm gonna send you back a week, let you walk around for an hour, then bring you back in 10 seconds. Makes sense?" Bruce questions as Scott puts his helmet on.

"Perfectly not confusing.." Scott says as he breathes heavily.

"Good luck, Scott. You got this," Steve says with a nod.

"You're right. I do, Captain America," Scott says as he takes a deep breath.

"On the count of three. 3... 2... 1!" Bruce presses a button, and Scott disappears into the Quantum Tunnel.

In 5 seconds, Bruce presses another button, and someone in the Ant-man suit comes back. A teenager in appears out of it.

"Uh, guys? This...this doesn't feel right.." the teenager said. The four of you were taken back.

"What is this?" Steve questions, his nervousness rising.

"What's going on?" Bruce asks himself as he presses buttons in a quick manner.

"That's not Scott, is it?" You question as you lean forwards.

"Yes, it's Scott!" The boy says.

Then, teen Scott gets sucked in back into the quantum tunnel, and it appears to be an old man in the Ant-Man suit.

"Ow! My back!" Old Scott says as he holds his back.

"Can I get a little space here.." Bruce says as he presses buttons quicker.

"Can you bring him back?" Steve asks as he looks at you, his eyebrows knitted together.

"I'm working on it!" Bruce shouts as Old Scott gets sucked back into the tunnel.

After a moment, another person appears in front of them. This time, it's a baby in the Ant-Man suit.

"It's a baby..." Steve says, very unimpressed.

"It's Scott," Bruce says as he points to the baby boy.

"As a baby?!" You shout and wave your hands int the air, in a panicky movement.

"He'll grow!" Bruce shrugs as Steve gets serious.

"Bring Scott back," Steve says forcefully.

"When I say kill the power, kill the power," Bruce says to you as you use your powers to run to the generators.

"Oh my god..." Natasha whispers as her eyes go from you to Scott several times.

"And... Kill it!" Bruce shouts as you pull the lever down.

Everything shuts down. Scott, the normal Scott, gets spewed back out again.

"Somebody peed my pants. But I don't know if it was "baby" me or "old" me...Or just "me" me..." Scott says, not wanting to move.

Bruce holds up his his hands in a dramatic way.

"Time travel!"

Steve says nothing. He simply shakes his head and walks away.

"What? I see this as an absolute win!" Bruce says as you sigh and rub your face, tiredly.

"I got to take the kids to a friend right now. Contact me immediately if anything else happens. For now, Nat, could you try calling the rest of the team? If we're going to try this we need everyone here," you say as you begin to walk out, leaving Bruce, Nat, and Scott there.

As you leave, you good bye to Steve as you take off towards Queens with the troublemakers in the back seat in they're kiddy seats...

Steve stood outside the Avengers Compound, staring at the floor, deep in thought. He looks beat, the only possibility of victory now not an opportunity.

He looks up as a deafening noise breaks the silence in the distance. As he looks, we see an Audi R8 speeding towards the entrance.

The car pulls over to Cap, but goes a bit too far, then reverses to Cap. Tony Stark roll down the window and looks at Cap.

"Why the long face? Let me guess, he turned into a baby..." Tony says as he begins exiting his expensive car.

"Among other things, yeah. What are you doing here?" Steve asks as Tony closes the door of the car. Tony ignored Steves question but continues talking.

"That's the EPR paradox. Instead of pushing Lang through time, you might've wound up pushing time through Lang. It's tricky. Dangerous. Somebody shoulda cautioned you against it," Tony says as he looks away, innocently.

"You did," Steve smiles a bit

"Oh, did I? Thank God I'm here. Regardless, I fixed it," Tony says as he holds up his right hand, with a device on it.

"A fully functioning Time-Space GPS. I just want peace," Tony says as he makes peace sign with his fingers.

"Turns out, resentment is corrosive, and I hate it," Tony says as he nods at Cap.

"Me too.." Steve says quietly.

"We got a shot at getting these stones, but I gotta tell you my priorities: Bring back what we lost? I hope, yes. Keep what I got? I have to, at all costs. And... maybe not die trying will be nice," Tony says as he takes a step forwards.

"Sounds like a deal," Steve smiles as he reaches out his hand to shake in the deal, in which Tony replies in the same way.

After the hand shake, Tony walks towards the back of his car and opens his trunk to pull something else out..

Captain America's Shield.. that had a small blanket and teddy bear resting on top of it.

He dumped the kiddy stuff on it and gives it to Steve, who hesitates.

"Tony, I..." "Why? I made it for you. Plus, honestly I have to get it out of the garage before Morgan takes it sledding," Tony says as he gives it to Steve.

Steve fits his arm into the shield, the feeling letting memories with it flowing back.

"Thank you, Tony," Steve says whole heartedly.

"Will you keep that a little quiet? Didn't bring one for the whole team," Tony hesitates as he looks at Steve.

"We are getting the whole team, yeah?" Tony questions.

"We're working on that right now.."
<<<•••>>>
1168 word count. Until the next chapter my hero's😘😘 -Kay😜