Chapter 22

"When were they both there?" Steve questions as he shifts.

"They were there at a...I've a vaguely exact idea," Tony says as he glances between you and Steve.

"How vague are we talking Stark?" You question as you cross your arms.

"What are you talking about? Where are we going?" Scott asks, clearly not in the convo.

"I know for a fact they were there..." Tony says as he uses his pointer finger to point to the ground.

"Who's they? What are we doing?" Scott tried again.

"And I know how I know," Tony says with a confident nod.

"Guys, what's up? What is it?" Scott continuously tried.

"Well, it looks like we're improvising," Steve says as you prepare to type in coordinates into your device around your hand.

"What are we improvising?" Scott asks as Steve walks over to him, Lokis scepter in hand.

"Scott, get this back to the compound," Steve says as you give the scepter into Scott, your eyes still staying gold.

"Suit up," Tony says as your suit covers your body, Steve follows your action.

"What's in New Jersey?" Scott continues to pester.

"0-4," Tony says. "0-4..." You and Steve repeat. "Uhh, 0-7..." Tony says. "0-7," You and Steve repeat again.

"Excuse me..." Scott says, trying to get your attention.

"1-9-7-0," Tony says as you and Steve typenin the final 4 digits. 

"Are you sure?" Steve asks Tony, you look at Stark intently, hoping the answer was going to be a yes.

"Cap. Captain. Steve, sorry, America. Rogers. Look, if you do this, and this doesn't work, you're not coming back," Scott finally catches all of your attentions

"Thanks for the pep talk, pissant," Tony says as he turns to you and Steve.

"You guys trust me?" Tony asks.

"I do," Steve agrees as he and Tony then look at you.

"Always.."

"Here we go..." Tony says as the three of you hit your devices and vanish.
<<<•••>>>
New Jersey, 1970

"Hey, man. Make love, not war!" A man named Stan lee says as he drives by the early SHEILD base.

Steve wore an army casual look as Tony wore a white dress shirt with a tie, accompanied by a long black trench coat. You, on the other hand, wore a bright red pencil skirt up to your upper waist and a white blouse on top and your eyes were back to normal.

"Clearly, you weren't actually born here, right?" Tony asks Steve as you three walk past some bland colored buildings.

You were looking down at a clipboard with random papers on it, making it look like you were showing them around.

"The idea of me was," Steve said as he 'looked' at your papers on the clip board.

"Right. Well, imagine you're SHIELD, running a quasi-fascistic intelligence organization. Where do you hide it?" Tony asks as the three of you come to a stop.

"Easy.." you smirk as you look at the building straight in front of you

"In plain sight.."
<<<•••>>>
You three finally made it into the facility and now rode the elevator down to the floors that you needed to stop at.