Chapter 8

"I can't stop thinking about it! What if we could somehow control the chaos and we could navigate it? What if... there was a way-a way to enter the quantum realm at a certain time but then exit the quantum realm at another point in time? Like... like be fore Thanos?" Scott gets excited but contains it well in front of the three Avengers.

"Wait... are you talking about a time machine?" Steve asks as he puts his hand out in no specific way.

"No, of course not. No! Not a time machine, more like a... yeah, like a time machine," Scott finally admits.

"I know it's crazy... it's crazy. I-I.. There's got to be some way.. it's crazy," Scott says somewhat self conscious about his plan.

"Scott, me and Y/n get emails from a raccoon, so... nothing sounds crazy anymore," Natasha says with a slight nod.

"So who do we talk to about this?" Scott asks.

"The only person who knows technology like the back of his hand.."
<<<•••>>>
A large cabin like house sat on the edge of a vast lake, under looking trees and beautiful mountains.

The screen at the front door creeks open and reveals a now healthy and fully functioning Tony Stark.

He shoves his hands into the pockets of his jeans as he starts walking past tall trees and a small garden Pepper had put together.

He claps his hands in a fun rhyme as he speaks.

"Chow time!" He shouts as he walks over to a small tent on the ground.

"Maguna," Tony calls sweetly as he sits in a small chair, him almost breaking it.

"Morgan H. Stark, you want some lunch?" Tony asks as he looks at the entrance of the tent.

A small, 4 year old girl walks out of the tent, wearing a blue iron man mask with a tiny glove around her hand with a flashlight.

"Define lunch or be disintegrated!" She says, her voice coming out a bit robotic because of the helmet. Her hand was out like she was about to blast Tony with a makeshift 'arc reactor'.

"Okay-Okay. You should not be wearing this okay? This is part of a very special anniversary gift I'm gonna give to mom," Tony says as he takes the large helmet off the small head of the girls.

"There you go.." Tony says as her face is revealed. She had brown hair like Tony's and eyes like Peppers.

"You thinking about lunch? Handful of crickets? Bed of lettuce?" Stark asked.

"No.." Morgan says shyly as she looks down.

"That's what you want? How did you- Where did you find this?" Tony asks as he holds up the helmet a bit.

"In the garage," Morgan smiled as she rocks back and forth, innocently.

"Really? Where you looking for it?" Stark asked with a small smile.

"No! I found it though," Morgan says with her cute voice.

"Mmm. You like going in the garage huh? So does daddy," Tony says as he stands and picks Morgan up with him, resting her on his arm.

"It's fine actually. Mom never wears anything I buy her," Tony says as he walks back towards the large cabin.

As he walks up the steps of the house, the sound of wheels against gravel comes up behind him and comes to a stop.

Tony turns around to see you, Steve, Natasha, and Scott getting out of the car. Not to mention Lane and Tracie climbing out and standing beside you.

Tony sighs as he sees the group of you. Morgan waves to her fellow friends, Lane and Tracie, as she looks at her dad.

Natasha nods her head slightly, waiting for the okay from Tony.

Tony lightly nods back, allowing you guys to follow him.
<<<•••>>>
Giggles were heard from inside the house as the adults, minus Pepper, were outside on the porch... Talking.

"No, I know what it sounds like.." Scott trails.

"Tony after everything you've seen is anything-," "Quantum fluctuation messes with the plank scale. Which then triggers the Douche proposition, can we agree on that?" Stark cuts Steve off.

He pours a chocolate shake into a few glasses and hands them out. You smile and whisper a light 'thank you'.

"In laymen's terms, it means you're not coming home," Stark breaks it down.

"I did," Scott shrugs nonchalantly.

"No. You accidentally survived. It's a billion to one cosmic fluke. And now you want to pull a.. what did ya call it?" Stark asks, kind of in a teasing way. Scott pauses.

"A time heist," Scott says and decides to be proud of it.

"Yeah. A time heist... of course. Why didn't we think of that before? Oh, because it's laughable? Because it's a pipe dream?" Tony asks, amusingly.

"The Stones are in the past Tony, we can simply go back and get them," you say with pleading eyes.

"We can snap our own fingers. We can bring everybody back," Tasha adds, with her arms crossed.

"Or screw it up worse than he already had right?" Stark includes.

"I don't believe we would," Steve says daringly.

"Gotta say, sometimes I miss that giddy optimism. However, high hopes won't hell if there's no logical, tangible way for me to safely execute said... time heist. I believe that most likely outcome, will be our collected demise," Tony says as he sits down in his rocking chair.

"Not if we strictly follow the rules of time travel. That means no talking to our past selves, no betting on sporting events-," "I'm going to stop you right there Scott.." Tony cuts off Lang.

"Are you seriously telling me that your plan to save the universe is based on 'Back to the Future'?" Stark narrows his eyes.

"No.." Scott shrinks back, not wanting to sound stupid.

"Good, cause you had me worried there- because that's not how quantum physics works." Stark says with a nod.

"Tony.. we have to take a stand," Tasha says with confidence.

"We did stand. And here we are.." Tony says as he looks up at her with a blank face.

"I know you got a lot in the line. You got a wife, a daughter. But I lost someone very important to me, a lot of people did. And now- NOW we have a chance to bring her back, to bring everyone back!! And your telling me that you won't even-,"

"That's right Scott.. I won't even. I can't," Tony says, his voice faltering.

"Not even for Peter...?"
<<<•••>>>
1087 word count. Until the next chapter my hero's😘😘 -Kay😜