Chapter 20

On Thanos' Ship, 2014 Thanos hangs Nebula up by some sort of force. A long wire with several other wires sticking out was attached to the back of Nebulas head.

"Run diagnostics. Show me her memory file," Thanos says to Ebony Maw, the dude Tony called Squidward before. 

"Sire, the file appears entangled. It was a memory, but not hers. There's another consciousness sharing her network...another Nebula," Maw says, his fingers typing at incredible speed.

"Impossible," Gamora says as she looks at her sister, and then glaring at Maw.

"This duplicate carries a time stamp... from nine years in the future," Maw says as he swipes a few images across his small screen.

"Where is this other Nebula?" Thanos asked as he looked at his metallic daughter.

"In our solar system. On Morag," Maw said looking up at Thanos.

"Can you access her?" Thanos asked as he turned towards Maw.

"Yes. The two are linked," Maw said, preparing to type.

"Search the duplicate's memories for Infinity Stones..."

Memory of the meeting with all the Avengers begins playing.

"And these stones have been in a lot of different places throughout history," the memory Bruce said as he pointed his hand towards the stones.

"Our history. So, not a lot of convenient spots to just drop in," memory Tony said as you nodded in agreement.

"Which means we have to pick our targets," memory Clint said.

"Correct," memory Stark said with a confident nod.

"But when you pair up to pick your targets, make sure you can actually work together correctly. One wrong move and our plan is down the drain, no getting it back," memory you said as you looked around the room of hero's.

Then the memory was shut off.

"Freeze image," Thanos says as Maw paused the memory.

"Terrans?" Gamora asked as she looks at the freeze framed memory.

"Avengers. Unruly wretches. What's that reflection? Amplify this, Maw," Thanos spits as he orders Maw.

Maw zooms into the photo while making the picture non-pixelated. As he zoomed in, it revealing Nebula from 2023, or Preston Nebula in the reflection of the glass wall.

"I don't understand. Two Nebulas," Gamora says as she looks at the memory, and then 2014 Nebula.

"No. The same Nebula. From two different times. Set course for Morag. Scan the duplicate's memories. I want to see everything...."
<<<•••>>>
In 2013 on Asgard, Thor and Rocket attempt to get the reality Stone, but plans have changed.

"My ladies, I'll see you after. Go on," Frigga, Thors mother says as her maids leave her to be.

Meanwhile, Thor hid behind a pillar close to his mother. As he turned to look for her, she comes up behind him.

"What are you doing?" She asks, scaring Thor.

"Ahh!" He screams as he jumps away from her.

"You're better off leaving the sneaking to your brother," Frigga chuckles, he fragile smile warming Thors heart.

"Yeah, I was simply just going for a walk, and uh..." Thor trailed as Frigga looked over her son.

"What are you wearing?" She asks as she looks at his sweats and hoodie.