Chapter 15

"Okay, Y/n... now you're gonna feel a little discombobulated from the chronoshift. Don't worry about it," Bruce says as he clicks some buttons.

You were the one that now wearing the white and red Quantum suit. As you take position on the platform, your nerves start eating at you too.

"Wai-Wait a second, let me ask you something. If we can do this, you know, go back in time, why don't we just find baby Thanos, you know, and...," Rhodey says as he makes a hand gesture suggesting that they strangle baby Thanos with a rope.

"First of all, that's horrible..." Bruce started as you laugh from your position.

"It's Thanos," Rhodey shrugs.

"...And secondly, time doesn't work that way. Changing the past doesn't change the future," Bruce says as he uses his hands to talk.

"Look, we go back, we get the stones before Thanos gets them... Thanos doesn't have the stones. Problem solved," Scott shrugs, actually on bored with the plan.

"Bingo," Clint says from a random direction.

You smile and wave enthusiastically towards him. He chuckles and waves back slightly.

"That's not how it works," Nebula says as she looks at Clint.

"Well, that's what I heard..." Clint shrugs.

"What? By who? Who told you that?" Bruce turns around, asking Clint.

"Star Trek, Terminator, TimeCop, Time After Time-," Rhodey counts off movies.

"Quantum Leap-," Scott adds.

"A Wrinkle in Time, Somewhere in Time-," Rhodey goes again.

"Hot Tub Time Machine-," Scott adds once more.

"Hot Tub Time Machine. Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. Basically, any movie that deals with time travel," Rhodey say sa she crosses his arms and nods.

"Die Hard? No, it's not one..." Scott mumbles.

"This is known," Rhodey says, still head strong about his idea.

"I don't know why everyone believes that, but that isn't true. Think about it: If you travel to the past, that past becomes your future. And your former present becomes the past. Which can't now be changed by your new future..." Bruce explains as his moves his glasses up towards the bridge of his nose.

"Exactly," Nebula agrees as Rhodey sighs and looks down.

"So... Back To The Future's a bunch of bullshit?" Scott asks with a frown.

"Alright, Y/n.. We're going in 3... 2... 1!" Bruce shouts as he pushes the button.

As soon as he does, your body gets sucked into the quantum realm, all matter changing around you as reality bends at its own will.

Your body flings everywhere until you finally get it under control and float quickly to wherever your destination was.

Once you came to a complete stop, you grab onto anything that you could to stable your balance.

Once you contained yourself, you look around at your surroundings. You were at your home in Paris... 6 and a half years ago.

You stood in the kitchen as you retract your helmet from your face. You look around at the beautiful pink hue that shined on every wall.

You walk into the living room for a minute and spot something on the couch cushion.

You picked it up and realized what it was...