Chapter 21

Morag 2014 (play song)

As Nebula and Rhodey hide behind a rock and watch Peter Quill dance his way to the power stone, as he listened to 'Come and get your love'. Of course, to Nebula and Rhodey, they watched Quill dance, to their perspective, to no music as he sings out the notes off key.

"So he's an idiot," Rhodey questions as he raises a brow at Quill.

"Yeah," Nebula says as she gets embarrassed of her teammate.

Rhodey gets up and quickly knocks out Quill as Nebula rummages around to take Quill's tool.

"What's that?" Rhodey questions as Nebula holds up a long piece of metal with several tools.

"The tool of a thief," she says as she stands.

Nebula uses the tool to open the door that lead to The Orb, A.K.A The Power Stone. Nebula try's to walk forward but is stopped by Rhodey.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa...This is the part where spikes come out with skeletons on the end and everything..." Rhodey says as he gives her a crazy look.

"What are you talking about?" Nebula questions blankly.

"When you break into a place called the temple of the Power Stone, There's gonna be a bunch of boobytraps-," Rhodey gets cut off by Nebula shaking her head and walking in.

"Okay. All right. Go ahead," Rhodey says sarcastically.

The two come straight up to the orb that was surrounded by a very powerful force field.

Nebula forces her hand inside the force field protecting The Orb while her hand melts away the exterior plating. She successfully retrieves The Orb and hands it to Rhodey all the while Rhodey watched in surprise.

She blows away the smoke of both sides of her hands and looks at the melted metal.

"I wasn't always like this.." Nebula says sadly as she looks at her hand.

"Me either. But we work with what we got, right?" Rhodey said with a side smile.

The just both look at each other solemnly.

"Sync up," Rhodey says as they both suit up.

"Three.. two.. one..." Rhodey counts down as he presses his button.

Rhodey is the only one who disappears while Nebula is left behind unable to move, then she riddled with pain on her head

A new memory is played, coming from future Nebulas head...
<<<•••>>>
"You murdered TRILLIONS!!" Memory Bruce yelled as he pushed Thanos backwards, out of everyone's hold.

"You should be grateful.." memory Thanos spits as memory Bruce sends a hard punch to his jaw. There was a small pause until memory Nat spoke.

"Where are the stones?" She asked, tears threatening to fall at any moment.

"Gone. Reduced to atoms.." Thanos spoke.

"You used them two days ago, LIAR!" Memory You scream as you point in his face.

"I used the stones to destroy the stones. Nearly... killed me. The work is done, and it always will be. I am... inevitable.." Thanos said with a small smile.

The memory pauses.

"What did you do to them?" Gamora questions as she looks closely at the memory.

"Nothing. Yet. They're not trying to stop something I'm going to do in our time. They're trying to undo something I've already done in theirs," Thanos answer's as he paces back and forth.