In the beginning

Jack was in the office, he wore a white collared shirt, black tie, black corporate trousers and black shoes. He had a lot on his mind, he had a call and sighed,then answered it.

"Hello, jack" he heard his wife's voice but she sounded like she was panicking.
"Elsa what's wrong?" He said and stood up a bit.

"We're in trouble..they took Emma....home...now...don't call the police..."

"Wait I can't-" the phone hung up, he dropped it and loosened his tie out of nervousness. He paced around a bit before grabbing his jacket and running out the office.

He went downstairs to the parking lot and entered his car, then drove as fast as he could. He stopped at the door, he should hold a weapon of some sort. He went to the trunk of the car and brought out a spanner...not much of a weapon but it'll do.

He opened the door slowly.

"SURPRISE!" They screamed and Jack fell back, everyone laughed. He took someone's hand and stood up. He saw his wife smiling, he smiled too and saw everyone else. His close friends and his five year old daughter.

"Happy birthday honey" Elsa said and roughed up his brown hair. He had been so caught up with work that he forgot today was his birthday. He blew the candles, everyone ate cake and celebrated. There was laughter, music and dancing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Daddy, daddy!" Emma called loudly, Jack snapped out of his thoughts and looked at his now eight year old daughter. She had on her uniform and her backpack on her back.

"Oh, sorry, let's go" he got down from the car and so did she. He walked her to her school door and bid her goodbye just as he was about to go...

"You were thinking about mom weren't you daddy?" She asked plainly, he widened his eyes and bent down to meet hers. He hugged her.

"Have a great day at school okay?" He said trying to lighten the mood, she nodded slowly and ran inside her school. Jack sighed, he hated what was happening.

"Why did you have to leave me?" He murmured then walked to his car and drove off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jack sat in his office rubbing his temples and signing all over again, a familiar knock was heard on the door.

"Come in"

A woman in her late twenties came in with two cups of coffee on her hands.

"Do you know how hard it was to open this door with these on my hands, gosh" she complained and dropped a cup on his table then took a chair and sat in front of him and sipped her coffee. She studied him, he had a lot on his mind and didn't even notice the coffee she had brought for him.

"Come on jack, taste your coffee" she said, he looked at her a bit confused and looked on top his table then smiled a bit. He put the cup in his two hands, resting his elbows on his table and his fingers avoiding the cup handle. He took a slow sip...he smiled.

"Creamy"

Thiana smiled "I know what you like" she said and winked playfully, jack smiled and continued drinking.

"So...how is Emma?" Thiana asked and jack spat his coffee out by the side, it stained his white shirt and he groaned and took a towel from his upper drawer. Thiana on the other hand looked taken aback totally. He had never acted like this when she asked.

"Jack why did-"
"Look Thiana, I'm really not in the mood today okay"

She frowned "Okay but you know you can talk to me if you're-"
"Yeah I know thanks" he said hastily and Thiana shrugged then stood up with her coffee still in her hand and went out.

Jack sighed and kicked his table out of frustration, he sank back to his chair and put his head down. He started to think about when he heard the news....that life changing news that would never leave his memories till the day he died.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jack was cooking breakfast for his family, his wife was greeting ready for work, his daughter already at the dinning table but soon hopped into the kitchen, sniffed the air and smiled. Emma tugged at her daddy's apron.

"I didn't know you can cook daddy" she said and jack smiled.

"Daddy can do many things your mom can but..." He bent down to whisper "Don't tell her I said so" he said and Emma giggled.

"I heard that you two" a familiar voice said from the stairs, jack saw his wife. She was wearing a blue corporate gown, her bangs were placed behind her for head and her braided hair fell over her left shoulder. She had on some light but noticeable make up and red lipstick on her lips. Jack marveled at the sight, he came closer to her to kiss her but she pushed him away.

"No, not today. If I kiss you then I won't get enough of you and I need to go to work. Maybe later tonight okay?" She whispered and winked, he smirked. She approached Emma and took her in her arms.

"Mommy you look pretty"
"Why thank you sweetie and you look cute as ever" she rubbed noses with her and Emma giggled. Elsa dropped her and headed for the door.

"I'll be off okay, and by the way, don't let the food burn jack" she giggled and jack smelt the air. He ran to the kitchen in panic.

Later that day----

Emma's cry was the only thing that was heard in the hospital, Jack couldn't cry, his tears suddenly dried up. He was just silent and held his daughter really close, he dreaded the moment her friend called and told him about Elsa's accident.

The doctor came out, hours later after emma had slept off. Jack slowly got up so that he wouldn't wake her and followed the doctor to his office.

He looked at the doctor with hope in his eyes, the doctor sighed and avoided eye contact.

"I'm sorry Mr Frost, she...she couldn't make it" he said and Jack's world collapsed, he stood up and looked at the doctor.

"Where is her room?"
"Sir you can't-"
"I said where is it?!"
"Number five hundred down the hall"

Jack stormed out and ran to the room down the hall, when he got there, he froze. Then hesitantly opened the door to reveal a body covered with the hospital blanket. He walked to her, opened the blanket slowly and saw her.

Elsa had dried blood on her head and arms, her sparkling blue eyes were closed and her breathtaking smile was well..taken away. Her body was pale and lifeless, her once blonde hair was now looking white. The tears flowed down freely as he held her in his arms and cried all the more while whispering 'come back'.

Four days after the funeral, jack dyed his brunette hair white in memory of his wife. Emma wanted to but jack didn't allow her. The first few days after the funeral, emma was doing poorly in school but the teachers understood, Jack didn't go to work and his boss understood.

Jack and Emma's relationship was a bit sour, neither would talk to the other or even start a conversation. Both were miserable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mr Frost" a voice called
He looked up. "What is it?"

"Um...you are needed at the boss' office" the woman said and left, jack sighed and stood up and left too.

A/N: Yah first chapter done, I wanted to make it clear and long. To those who don't like this kind of stuff,sorry. Elsa was never a bad person so she didn't deserve to die... I just wanted to make way for jack to be open to a new relationship... 'A new beginning'

Well see you all later peeps.