The storm with a stranger

Jack was driving listening to 'You make it feel like christmas' by Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton. He tapped the steering wheel happily with his left hand and he got carried away that he didn't notice when the traffic light became green.

"Dad!" Emma called
"Huh? Oh" he said and drove forward fast, Emma raised an eyebrow.

"Dad? I noticed you've been acting weirder than normal and your normal is pretty weird"

Jack laughed "Sweetie that's actually a compliment but whatever do you mean by acting weirder than normal?"

"I mean, ever since that dinner, you've been all happy and you're not telling me about it"

Jack became a little embarrassed and nervous, he was about to say something when a snow storm started. It was mild and so jack wanted to quickly drive through it but every kilometer he went, the storm grew worse till he couldn't see anything anymore and the wind started acting up and so he wanted to pull up somewhere till a large sound...he had run someone over. Jack panicked and so did emma, her eyes tearing up.

"Dad?"

"It's okay sweetie, stay put I'll check it out"
"Dad I'm scared of the storm"
"Emma we'll be fine, close your eyes" he said and she did while breathing loudly. Emma started having panic attacks even though she was young and so her therapist taught him to tell her to close her eyes, breathe slowly and silently repeat everything she loved.

"Rainbows...cornflakes...flowers...Netflix..Santa Claus..." Emma whispered, jack smiled and went outside. The wind was so strong that it could carry someone with low centre of gravity. Jack looked at the back of his car and gasped, he had hit a man, a full grown man.

Jack ran a hand through his hair in confusion, then he set his feet firmly on the snow and tried to carry the man with two hands but the wind and the snow got into his eyes. He groaned, then held the trunk with one hand and tried to carry him with another hand. Soon he was able to pull him into the back and entered quickly then shut the door.

"....Dolls...Burgers...Car rides..."

"Emma, I'm back"

She opened her eyes "Dad? Who is this?"

"I don't know but let's hope he's not hurt" jack sighed and checked the man's pulse then smiled.
"He's fine...for now" he whispered and looked around his body, there was no severe bruise or bleeding but jack was still uneasy about the whole thing but couldn't drive him to a hospital in this storm it was just too far away but his house wasn't... He climbed from the back to the driver's seat.

"Honey, we have to go home, we need to take care of this man"

"Dad! You can't keep doing this!"

Jack raised one eyebrow "Doing what? Helping people?"
"No...helping them by taking them home! It's not the wisest thing to do"
"But it's the only choice we have and I don't know where you got this terrible attitude from Emma Overland Frost but it has to stop!" Jack sternly scolded and turned on the car, Emma sulked in silence. Minutes of silent tension went by and the storm grew bigger and bigger, jack found it hard to drive every kilometre of the way but soon and just like a miracle...they were home.

"Run inside as fast as you can and get rapunzel" jack said, emma opened the car door slowly... Shivered and then quickly ran inside. She raced up the stairs and knocked on rapunzel's door while holding back the tears. It soon opened with rapunzel's surprised but also scared face.

"Emma? Where is..."
"Rapunzel please come, daddy needs your help" she said dragging her downstairs quickly. Rapunzel's head pounded with each step but she ignored it with a lot on her mind. When they reached the door, she noticed the storm and became scared even more. She looked at the car and soon threw her scarf away from her neck and her gloves away from her hand and told Emma to stay inside then ran inside the car and shut the door.

"Jack?!"
"Rapunzel, I'm so sorry I made you do this when you're sick but I need your..."

"Its okay, what happened?"
"I accidentally ran a man over during the storm"
She gasped "Is he okay, where is he?"
Jack pointed to the back and she gasped.
"No no no" she whispered, then faced jack. "We um...have to get him in or we'll all freeze in here"

The car temperature was almost zero degrees already and was very cold, jack didn't look bothered about it but rapunzel sure was worried. She took him by the legs while jack took his hands, it was a really hard three minute process but they finally got him into the house and shut the door quickly.
They placed him on the couch then rapunzel ran to boil water while jack placed a blanket on him, emma just watched in silence. After some minutes, his temperature was warm after placing hot towel on his head and hands.

They waited, rapunzel seemed very uneasy and jack noticed. He put his hand over her shoulder.

"What's wrong?"
"Huh...uh nothing just...having a very obnoxious headache"
"Its okay, you can go right back to bed now that everything's okay"

She glanced at emma and then at jack and soon he got the got whole story and removed his hand from her shoulder and smiled nervously and approached emma.
"How are you feeling honey? Are you hungry?"

She looked at him for a while then sighed and nodded, Jack lead her to the kitchen. Rapunzel sighed...why was he back? Here? Now? It didn't make any sense. Soon, the person shifted and rapunzel gasped. She froze as she watched him move and groan then flicker his eyes open.

He sat up and looked around then at the shocked rapunzel and raised his eyebrows.

"Rapunzel?