Merida and Jack

"I can't do this jack" rapunzel whispered
"Yes you can come on"
"No I just...I don't know if she will...you know..."
"She's just eight what can she do?"
"Besides why do I have to be the one to tell her, you're her dad" she said and crossed her arms, jack sighed.

"Fine" he said and walked up to emma who was watching TV and watching them. Jack knelt near her.

"Hey sweetie whatcha doing?"
"Um..watching TV and what were you guys talking about?"
"We were um...we have something to tell you"

She furrowed her brows "okay"
"Rapunzel is going to be staying with us from now on"

"What! But you said that..."
"I know what I said before okay but she...she is actually a good person as we know and she doesn't mean any harm. She's grown attached to you....to us, she's nice and everything and she has nowhere to go, you're daddy's girl aren't you?"

"Dad I... Yes I am"
"Great now I want you to accept this and accept her okay? She's our friend"
"Okay dad...as long as she doesn't think she's my mom or something" she mumbled the last part
"What?"
"Nothing dad, can I continue watching TV?"
"Sure,sure" he said and Kissed her forehead then went to meet rapunzel who anxiety almost killed.

"So?"
"She's cool with it"
"This is such a relief, thanks jack" she sighed and he smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jack yawned as he slowly got up the bed and stretched, he went to the bathroom to brush and shower then put on some casual clothing and stepped downstairs where he saw rapunzel scrolling through her phone, she looked back and smiled at him.

"Good morning, i prepared breakfast and Emma's lunch, she is in school and hopefully having a good day"

"Aw, and I didn't tell her goodbye"
"Its alright, she understands that you work too much,can you do me a favour jack?"

"Okay what?"
"I haven't seen merida in forever can I go see her, her house isn't so far from here"
"Merida? Where have I heard that name before? Wait, she's you're friend then why didn't you just....never mind, let's go then"

"Yah thanks, I'll go just go change meanwhile, have your breakfast" she said and ran upstairs, jack went to the dining room and smiled, his favorite.

Time skip----

The car ride was quiet but comfortable, rapunzel was happy that she gets to see merida again.

"Make a left" she told jack and he did still struggling to recall where he knew this merida from, or maybe he was just thinking of someone else that he probably knew.

"We're here!" Rapunzel exclaimed  and jack hit the brakes hard in shock, they involuntarily moved forward, jack almost hitting his head on the steering, he looked at rapunzel.

"Sorry" she said and removed her seat belt then jumped down, she went quickly towards the door with jack walking slowly behind her. The house was a convenient one, white on the outside with the number fifteen on the door, there was no fence or gave but there was a drive way. Rapunzel rang the doorbell, and waited, there was the sound of a lock opening then the door opened, rapunzel smiled, jack gasped.

"Merida!" She hugged her tight
"Hey rapunzel! How have you been? You haven't called in weeks and when I tried calling it kept saying unreachable....who is this? He looks familiar"

"Oh, this is jack, he's my friend....its a long story"

Merida's eyes widened "Jack? Jack Frost? You...bastard" she said with anger, rapunzel was confused while jack covered his face with shame

"Can we just talk about this inside....please merida" jack pleaded
"Wait what's going on here?" Rapunzel asked

"You're not coming into my house you know why because of how you left my parents' own remember?"

"Merida that was like ten years ago, you can't still hold that against me"

"Hold it!" Rapunzel screamed and they looked at her "How do you two know each other?"

Merida and jack looked at each other "let's go in shall we" merida said politely and they all did, rapunzel looked at both of them as they looked at each other, they seemed to communicate with their eyes until jack sighed

"Fine I'll tell her" he mumbles then looked at rapunzel "Merida and I....we.....we....we used to....date"

Rapunzel's eyes widened the a small smile spread across her face "I don't know why I find it so cute but it is"

"No rapunzel please don't do this, don't remind me" merida said, jack frowned feeling a bit offended
"What? Are you saying I was a terrible boyfriend"
"Well you weren't the best there is anyways so I can have my opinion"
"I'm just saying that you should give my time with you years ago some respect"
"Oh grow up frost cake, you know that  you were never gonna take us seriously now were you"
"Wait, so are you saying that if you had a chance....you would want to be with me"

Merida stopped, her head down, she sighed "this is stupid, why did you bring him here raps?"

"I didn't know that you two were...you know, I just wanted to come say hi....and besides, he's my ride"

There was silence, no one looking at the other, merida scoffed.

"This is dumb, we're adults and all this" she said gesturing to her and jack "was in the past, let's...have a drink shall we"

Rapunzel and jack looked at each other
"That's fine with me, rapunzel?"
"Sure" she said smiling, merida smiled and nodded then they all stood up and drove to a bar, they spent two hours talking and laughing at old times then jack said he and rapunzel had to leave and pick Emma from school.

"Woah Woah hold up, this...emma....is she...did the two of you?"

"No no no" jack said chuckling a bit "She's my daughter not I and rapunzel's"

"But I don't...oh, you're a single dad?"
"Yep"
"Oh, how...what happened to um..."
"She died, an accident"
"I'm so sorry, I didn't even know you got married, I mean I expected it but...how you coping?"
"Its been three years anyways so, I guess I've gotten over it"
"Three years?! And you've never been in the love game anymore?"
"To be honest, it's actually never been on my mind, it's always been work and dealing with my sassy, adorable little girl" he said and merida chuckled, rapunzel smiled, her friends were bonding...in a way.

"I know how it was for my mom now"
Jack laughed

"Anyways, that's how it's been and if I ever did want to you know...it will take a while because my taste in women is very rare"

Merida raised an eyebrow "We dated, you're taste isn't as rare as it seems"

"Yeah well, whatever happens happens"

"This has been fun guys" rapunzel starts and drank the last of her drink "But we really have to go, jack?"
"Yeah, it's been nice seeing you again red"
"Right back at ya frost cake, see you two later"

They waved themselves goodbye and walked out of the bar.