Insecurities

Rapunzel's POV:

I watched Jack again as he smiled at Ellen. This has been happening since she arrived here, I still don't know why he looks at her like that. I try to brush off the feeling from my mind as I enter the car last and soon we're off.

Everyone talks and it seems great, I feel so...weird and alien right now but Jack has assured me that I belong and well I tried to calm down and stop over thinking. Ellen took us to so many places, I'd never even seen, Florida really was a great place and I was just so happy to be here.

Soon we all went to a restaurant once it was getting dark to eat. I excused myself and went to the bathroom, as I washed my hands, I heard the door open and soon I saw Ellen.

"Um hey" I said awkwardly, she smiled at me.

"Hey, I was uh...a bit worried about you so..."

"Worried?" I asked confused.
"Yeah" she said "But since you're fine there's um...something I wanted to ask actually"

"Yeah?"

I noticed she looked sad, her fingers playing with one another in nervousness, and for a moment I was scared about what she had to say. I didn't know why but it just made my stomach hurt a little...or maybe it was the steak I had.

"I need a little advice"

"Okay?" I said slowly "What's wrong...oh no don't tell me you have three months to live?" I said with shear panic, she blinked at me for a few seconds before she bust in genuine laughter, I grew red.

"I'm sorry" she said while trying to catch her breath "It's not that trust me"

"Well then what?" I said in a little rude tone, she then looked at me with a mix of sadness and seriousness.

"I....I'm gonna move from Florida soon to Los Angeles for a new job I got"

I looked at her with shock, I opened my mouth to ask a question but she cut me off.

"I know...Riley doesn't know and I don't know how to tell her either. See the actual truth is...I've been feeling a little unsure about our relationship, she's an amazing partner but I don't think we're gonna last"

She paused while I just stared at her, trying to comprehend what she had said so far. It didn't sound like she was going to break up with Riley but it did sound like she was too. I also didn't know how hard Ellen was to read, her face kept so straight yet so readable, it seemed like it showed some kind if emotion but you hardly know what she's thinking.
She soon looked at me.

"I think I should break up with Riley"

I widened my eyes.
"No don't... It'll break her heart"

"I know I know but I'm so unsure about everything, on one hand I see a future with her but on another hand I don't know if I'm doing the right thing and with this new job...God I wish it was easy....I'm just...I feel something with her but on the other hand...forever is a long time. I just want to be extremely sure she's... the one"

Those words hit me so bad, it made me think about Eugene and how I always thought he was 'the one'. The way we talked and spent time together. He always held me when I cried and calmed me down when I was upset....it all felt so perfect...even more so when he proposed. I sighed. Until he cheated and soon just like that, all my feelings...gone. If I always felt he was the one, why did I fall out of love so fast for him? And jack...Jack makes me feel some type of way, as if I should just give him whatever he wants, it isn't like what Eugene and I had, this...it feels more real and so...good to be true.

Does he feel the same way? I mean...can I really be sure that Jack is 'the one' and that I'm not just wasting another part of my life with a man that's not worth it. I looked up at Ellen, tears streamed down her face slowly, she didn't sob or weep. She just stayed put, crying while looking down. I moved closer and hugged her, she instantly hugged me back tighter than I did, soon she started sobbing loudly.

I figured someone would hear us but at that moment to her it didn't matter, it shouldn't matter, this woman is confused and sad and all she has right now is me to comfort her so I'm gonna do that. I hugged her tighter and stroked her hair.

"It's okay" I whispered and I felt my eyes sting too.

A/N : Sorry for the short chapter 😁 and the long wait for an update but I hope you like this one and hopefully the next one is better 🙂. Don't forget to vote and I'll see y'all soon thanks 😙.