Dinner with the devil

Thiana's POV:

I looked at jack as he worked, our relationship had been so platonic for weeks now. He comes to work happy but I don't know what about and he never tells me. I didn't want it to be what I was thinking... A girlfriend? A crush? A new wife?! No, it must be something else, maybe Emma did something he is proud of or...I don't know, whenever I ask, he just says when the time is right...well, the time's right now jack.

I walk up to him "Hey jack um...you seem happy" I said trying to sound casual, I didn't want to hit the nail right in the head that'd be too be obvious and somewhat suspicious. He looked at me and furrowed his brows.

"Yes thanks for noticing" he said and turned back to his screen, I was starting to boil up because for one, I hate being ignored and two I hate when secrets are being kept from me, I sighed.

"Jack come on, tell me, we used to tell each other everything till...that very day when you told me to take care of Emma and since then you started shutting me out"

He sighed and looked at me with realization in his eyes, he then faced me with his chair and looked into my eyes, my heart starting pounding. I didn't know what he was going to say or do but Thiana...prepare for the worst.

"I...I think I'm in love again" he said and smiled, my heart dropped. My worst fear had come true, I had waited three years for him to finally come around and realize that he loves me but...wait a minute...

"With who?" I asked smiling, I had read somewhere that men don't usually tell who they are in love with directly and sometimes beat around the bush but always give signs that it's that person they are telling that is mostly likely the person they love....if it's true then, I'll just have to get it out of him.

"Oh uh...you don't know her but she's been with me for weeks now and it was just yesterday that...I figured out yesterday that I was in love"

I smiled a little because yesterday, jack and I had a heart to heart about emma and I assured him that everything would be okay. I was jumping inside.

"So does this 'girl' have a name?" I asked smirking. He smiled.

"She sure does and her name is rapunzel" he said, I widened my eyes in shock, who was this rapunzel? I had never met her before, was jack keeping secrets from me now? I started to boil inside, i exhaled.

"So when did you eh...meet this girl" I asked as calmly as I could but what I did want to do was shove a freaking knife up rapunzel's neck. Jack started happily telling me about when he met her, the times they had spent, how close she was to emma now and about the dance they went for. My eyes began twitching with anger, I have been and worked with Jack for years now but she only had a few months and stole his heart. I sighed, as mad as I was I started feeling disappointed with myself.

What did she have that I didn't? I'd have to meet this girl myself. I smiled at Jack.

"That's great, so when can I meet her?" I asked, he became a bit surprise and embarrassed.

"Oh uh...maybe tonight ten o' clock okay?"

"Sure Jack, I'm never late" I said and casually walked back to my desk and tapped it with my pen. Rapunzel, I'd like to see just how special you as to him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I arrived at Jack's house, I felt a nice warm feeling up my body even in the cold. December was approaching and soon it'd start snowing. I wrapped my scarf around my neck and rang the doorbell. A woman opened the door....was it her? It must be...she had green eyes, a wide sweet smile and long blonde hair. She was pretty no denying that with her off shoulder electric blue gown and silver earrings and necklace. I felt a bit odd now, all I wore was a floral designed gown with my beanie and scarf around my neck. I sneezed.

"Oh how rude of me, come in so sorry" she said and I let myself in soon. The first thing I noticed was the sweet smell of my favorite dish. I smiled involuntarily.

"Is that..."
"Yes it is, I prepared it since jack said that's what you liked...Hi I'm rapunzel"
"I'm Thiana" I said and I sat down but not without hanging my coat and scarf and beanie. The setting of the table was perfect and I should know because I'm a bit of a perfectionist. Even the house was decorated well...was there a party here or something?

"Thiana, so nice of you to be here" I heard a voice say, I looked and I smiled.

"Mr Frost" I said and hugged the old man. I'd only seen him a few times and he knew me well but what was he doing here.

"What are you doing here sir?" I asked, he laughed a jolly laugh.

"Jack invited me here, said we're having dinner"
"Really?"

Jack why did you do so? Maybe he was uncomfortable with fact that it would just be three of us, who else did he invite?

"You're looking good Mr Frost" I smiled
"Oh thank you my dear, sit" he said and I did, he sat beside me.

"A wonderful aroma is in the air isn't it"
"Yeah" I answered politely, I tapped my leg with impatience, where was jack and where had rapunzel gone to... Maybe they were...

"Dad, Thiana sorry to keep you both waiting" I heard jack say and he soon sat down with rapunzel. I was a bit relieved to have this start. We talked a little then rapunzel stood up to serve dinner. I took one bite and I have to say it was amazing.

We talked a lot more and I got to know one thing...rapunzel wasn't even aware that jack was in love with her but it was clear that she was in love with him...it was pathetic...but also a good chance to give bad signals...I smirked inconspicuously.