The Talk

Jack looked at rapunzel again, she had been too quiet the whole journey to the airport, he felt a bit guilty, had she noticed that he noticed Ellen looked like Elsa and he had been stupid the whole time she was around. He sighed and looked down, he'd have to explain everything to her later on but now may not be a good time.
Soon, they got called to board and after giving their tickets, they got into the plane, sat on their respective seats and prepared for take off. Riley was so upset, Ellen as well. After that night in the bathroom, she grew very fond of Rapunzel and they soon became good friends for the rest of their stay.

Everyone including Riley noticed how Ellen would chat and laugh with Rapunzel while cooking and she would ask her about her opinion when choosing an outfit as they shopped and how she usually asked if she needed anything. Rapunzel didn't complain, she liked Ellen, they sorta connected and related strongly. Riley was a little jealous but she knew rapunzel wouldn't wanna hurt her so she and Ellen talked about it and she finally understood. They got a little distant though but later reconciled after Jack suggested they went on a special date.
Emma enjoyed herself most of all, no school, staying up late, watching movies, going out and shopping, it was everything she wanted, a break from her school life and to be pampered. She was also the most upset when they had to go, she hid in the house when they were getting ready to go, they almost missed their flight looking for her for almost an hour. Jack seriously scolded her and she got upset and started crying, they haven't talked since then.

Rapunzel would definitely miss Florida, she didn't have the best of time but she had an awesome time and getting to know Ellen better was wonderful. She was her hardest goodbye in the airport before they boarded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm gonna miss you big brother and this ole rascal" Riley said a bit teary eyed while hugging Jack, she then hugged Emma and ruffled her hair, Emma smiled a small smile. She got to Rapunzel and simply smiled and hugged her.

"Thank you" she whispered, Rapunzel smiled and looked at Ellen, Ellen was already holding tears back. Rapunzel smiled and approached her to hug her, Ellen hugged back tightly, sobbing silently.

"I'm gonna miss you so much" she whispered.

"I know, me too" Rapunzel said trying to be strong. "You know we can always talk right?"

Ellen sniffed "I know" there was a long pause as they hugged "I'm not going"

"What?" Rapunzel asked, confused.
"I'm not going to LA, I'm not taking the job, if there's anything I've learnt from you is to be strong and also have a little patience. I was so insecure and worried and vulnerable, I let the world decide for me but you taught me to decide for myself and frankly that is what I'm doing. I love Riley and I love Florida and I love being an anatomist, I love you and little Emma and...that's something I was all gonna lose if I did move and had broken up with Riley....so I'm staying, thank you Rapunzel...so much for everything."

Rapunzel smiled, she was so proud of Ellen, she hugged her again.

"I'm so happy, and you're welcome. I promise we'll come back and when we do, you better be here"

Ellen chuckled "I will"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rapunzel smiled as she remembered what Ellen had said, she glanced at Jack a little, they hadn't spoken so much throughout the ride but she still needed to talk to him about how she felt but not now. She sighed and looked out the window before falling asleep. The plane ride took a long time before finally announcing that they were gonna board soon, Emma was the first to wake, she shook Jack and then rapunzel. They both yawned and stretched before realizing they were gonna land soon, rapunzel went to the bathroom while Jack took a mint before adjusting himself. They got down and took their luggage, Emma used the bathroom and soon they took a taxi and were off.