The meeting

Jack waited in his boss' office, he came in a few minutes ago but his boss had to go out to get something. Jack was getting impatient because he had other things to do. This was just probably his boss' style of delaying his work so that he could stay late and make his daughter mad at him again.

The door opened and his boss entered with some files, jack sighed...more work. His boss put the files on his desk and looked intently at jack after he sat down.

"Jack my friend sit down"

Jack furrowed his eyebrows, his boss hardly called him 'his friend'. He took a chair in front of his desk and sat down.

"I've been noticing the way you work" he started, jack sat up more concerned now.
"So...if you are able to finish these files and make a presentation tomorrow for our trusted partners that are coming to make a deal...I'll give you a promotion"

Jack's eyes widened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"A promotion!? Wow that's great" Thiana said beaming at jack, his eyes were full of joy.

"I know right...oh Thiana this could change everything"
"Yeah" she said a bit sad, jack looked at her and understood, he bent down next to her and her eyes widened, he took her hand and looked intently at her.

"Thiana, I know I haven't said before but...I love you...will you marry me?

Thiana smiled"yes jack, I will marry you"

---------

"Thiana, Thiana!" Jack called
"Huh...oh sorry continue" she said and smiled nervously, she couldn't believe that she spaced out like that and what the heck...jack proposing?! Highly unlikely, she had fallen for him but over the years of their partnership, he never showed that he had feelings for her. Maybe he did but isn't the kind of person to show it, or maybe he was insecure...after his wife's demise, he probably wasn't ready for a relationship yet...but it's been three years though.. Doesn't he have...

"Thiana!" Jack called again, she looked at him and face palmed herself for spacing out again.

"I'm so sorry jack... Um so...a promotion"

Jack eyed her a bit then sighed and went towards her, Thiana's heart started racing, he held her shoulders.

"I know I know, you're sad that if I get promoted I'm gonna leave you"

Thiana's heart dropped, her wish didn't come true she soon came back to reality and smiled nervously but also sadly.

"Uh yeah yeah..."
"Look it's okay, you and I will still be close no matter our positions"
"I don't think-"
"Alright, if it makes you feel better... I'll try to do these files early enough and we can go for dinner together"

Thiana's eyes went wide open... A date? No it can't be, it was probably just a friendly outing for him, however it may appear, she was still determined to win his heart...she would make the best out of the 'outing'

She smiled "Alright then...well, I gotta go, we'll see later" she said and rushed out. Jack shrugged and started with the files.

The next day------

"Alright bye emma" jack said and went into his car, he had come home early yesterday and was able to help emma with her homework, she hadn't been doing well in school and he wondered if now and then, she still mourned her mother. He frowned sadly at the thought of this but cheered himself by remembering the meeting. If he did well, he could get a promotion, he smiled and drove faster.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jack inhaled and exhaled, he clutched his file nervously, soon the door opened and some people came in. He beamed at them, shaking their hands before they all sat down, Jack's boss looked at him and gave him a thumbs up, jacks smiled and the lights went off then the projector showed some slides.

"Good morning ladies and gentlemen, my name is jack frost and I will be representing my company today in this meeting" jack said and everyone nodded approvingly, jack's boss nodded to. He smiled and continued.

Later------

"That was a wonderful presentation Mr Frost" A woman with blonde hair said.

"Thank you miss bell" Mr Armstrong, Jack's boss said.
"So, without further a do. I accept this deal, bring a pen, let me sign" Miss bell said and the secretary brought a pen and the document. She signed it and so did everyone else, jack smiled and they all left.

"Yes" jack exclaimed happily and went out too. Jack went his boss' office and he was smiling.

"That was good work Frost and I'm happy. You impressed them and best of all got them to sign the deal haha" he laughed heartily "We will discuss about your promotion pretty soon...good things are coming your way Frost, keep it up" Mr Armstrong said and jack thanked him then left the office.

Thiana on the other hand was working on something serious on her laptop then... it died. Thiana was taken aback, she groaned in frustration, ever since jack spoke about his promotion, she had not been focused and it wasn't good. She stood up and marched out of her office to someone that eases her mind in frustrating times like this. She knocked on his door eagerly, it opened slowly to reveal Jack's face.

"Look Jack I don't-"
"I did it!" He exclaimed and took her into a warm embrace, her face turned red, she hesitated a bit but hugged him back. She pulled back smiling at him, she loved him all the more now. It was just a matter of time before she stole his heart. Besides it's not like she wasn't beautiful or smart or elegant, and they had been friends for a long time now, she was going to get him...besides, no one could just steal his heart after all they've been through together...right?

A/N: another chapter done and what a long chapter it was, I'm just glad it's over. The question remains, will jack and Thiana end up together? What does fate have in store for jack? We will know soon, meanwhile, please vote, share, follow and comment.

I really wanna know what you think about my story and what I can do to improve. Don't mind my errors, I'm doing wattpad on my phone and besides, "to err is human, to forgive is divine"

So forgive and I'll see you later peeps.