01. Stranger

I knew it wasn't a dream when I saw my father for the first time in ten years.

I knew why he was here, I was sixteen and he wanted me to come home. It's been so long since I've seen Great Britain, since I've seen Scotland, since I walked in the Manor that belonged to my family's ancestors and since I saw my brother and sister.

They were too far away.

My sister in America with my aunt Claire.

My brother in England with my mom.

And then there was me with my grandmother in Northern Ireland.

The divorce caused us to split and my father didn't once fought for us so we in return didn't fought back to be with him.

I haven't spoken to him and seeing him sitting there in front of me was unbelievable.

I didn't hate him, my grandmother taught me to respect him but I knew I didn't love him.

He was shifting in the airplane seat for awhile while I stared out the window hoping he would try not to small talk.

"Alexandria misses you."

"She's going to come home too?" I asked, my hope rising more and more.

I missed her, though I have no idea how she looked now that she's a teenager.

My cousin Eric  was the closest thing I had to a sibling and saying goodbye to him almost killed me because I knew it will be a long time before I get to see him.

Idiot had to lose his phone.

"Jonathan and Alexandria is going to be there, at home I mean, they wanted to come pick you up but I told them I should do it."

I nodded waiting for him to say something else, apologize maybe for letting me not have a father for so long but he said not a word and instead called the flight attendant to bring us some drinks.

"Did your grandmother ever allowed you to have alcohol?" he asked.

"Once or twice."

I lied, my grandmother didn't allow me to have anything alcoholic to drink at all, I tried wine once and it burnt my throat making me wanted to gag, I was fourteen then. Eric however drank hiding away in the corner of our grandmother's place while I look out. He would always offer me but I always refuse remembering that one experience.

When the flight attendant came with a bottle of Scotch and two glasses I actually got worried.

"Do you want a drink?" he asked looking straight in my eyes as he opened the seal.

I looked at him and then at the bottle.

It was a bloody test!

He was testing me!!

"No," I said.

He opened it and poured out a glass, "Hmm mother always knew how to grow up her children."

I folded my arms and nodded in agreement, then turned back looking at the clouds once again.

But I wasn't her child though, I was yours.

***

Alexandria was the first person I wanted to see but instead I got to see my brother first.

Jonathan was outside in the yard playing with his dog while our limousine pulled up, he stopped smiling, curiosity formed on his face to see who it was and when he spotted me, I could tell he almost didn't recognize me.