19. Jealous

It seemed like Luke and I conversation was years ago, yet it only had been weeks, him staring at me expressionlessly then flickering his eyes to something else.

I still respect him though as a good friend but all we did now was glance at each other in the halls and at the lunch table, completely keeping our distance of each other in the classrooms and in our circle.

I spent more time with Timothy playing chess in the library with him, cracking jokes, flirting and telling him about my day. It was our daily routine and I got so use to it that when he told me he had to study I felt a little broken, but all I did was smile and kissed his cheek.

"Good luck then," I told him. His nodded and stayed in his room, I was alone now and I didn't want to go look for any of my friends to hang out.

What am I? Twelve?

I should allow myself to be alone a few times in my life.

I decided to read that time in the library, it was a little unfamiliar since my time here in West Moore Academy I haven't picked up a book that wasn't about a topic in class.

"Look there she is," said a cheerful voice, coming to my seat, she pulled a chair and rested her chin on her knuckles, "I knew you'll be here, where's Timothy?"

"Studying," I said looking up at her from my book.

My sister nodded and then grinned when Luke pulled a seat opposite us, he seemed to stare at me like he was asking for my permission to sit and I nod giving him it. He's so odd, so strange and it annoys me.

Sighing I glanced back at my book, "What are you two doing here, hmm? Surely my love life can't be as interesting as yours?"

"Shh," his a random student.

I rolled my eyes.

"Should we go in the green room?" Luke whispered to us. I shook my head and Alex said, "Honestly why, it's seven already."

The green room was a place where students would go to have study discussions or small debates or just to talk without bothering the ones who wanted to study in silence.

"So?" I said resting the book down on my desk, my head still looking from Luke to Alex, "Why are you here?"

Alex shrugged, her eyes gazed at Luke then she smile a little, "I was just worried that's all, you're avoiding us."

"I'm avoiding you?"

"Yes."

I scuffed at that, "I just wanted to spend time with Timothy that's all."

"Yet he's not here," Alex noted.

"That's because he wanted to study alone."

"Are you two okay?"

"Yes."

"Don't seem like it."

"Alex..." Luke stopped her and I couldn't be happier, "Don't interrogate her."

"Yes," I said folding my arms, "Don't interrogate me."

Alex leaned back in her seat and sighed, "I was just worried."

"Hmm," I tightened my arms, hugging myself a little in the cold air condition. I leaned back in my seat, my eyes only straight ahead avoiding even the blue eyes owned by Luke.

"So do you want to leave with us?" Luke asked.

"What?"

He motioned his head and Alex got up, "Yes, come on, you need some fresh air."