06. Secret

Elizabeth

I sat in the lobby waiting, my legs tapping on the floor non stop waiting for my godfather.

Finally the clerk came back and smiled at me, "Miss Haystack, Mr. West Moore would like to see you now."

I nodded, entering the room, it was dimly lit with just the sun as the light source, the Academy had electricity, even in the older parts of the Castle and yet my god father worked in the dark.

I saw him sitting at his desk, his glasses on reading a paper, there was a desk lamp so I guess it wasn't so bad.

I stood there waiting, wondering what to say, it was only my first day in school and yet so many things happened.

When Mr. West Moore looked up he smiled, he looked much better smiling, a man in mid thirties probably or maybe he was my father's age, it will make much more sense seeing that he was my god father.

"Elizabeth," he spoke. He got up staring at me shocked a surprise, like he wasn't expecting me.

"I told the clerk I wanted to see you," I said.

"Oh right she said something I wasn't paying attention," he chuckled and then gestured me to the seats, "Sit, sit, I'm not busy."

I sat down and he closed the window curtains and put on the lights. It stung my eyes for a second but soon adjusted. "Sorry about the dark room, I usually have the lights off so that I'll know what time it is and that way it'll stop me from working."

"I see."

He sat back down, his bronze eyes glimmer with excitement, "So how was your first day, Victor said nothing about you wanting to see me."

"Father didn't tell me about you," I spoke. I saw his frown before he could've covered it up, "Neither does my grandmother, did she know I have a godfather?"

"Margret was the one who suggested it, so she did," he replied.

"I didn't think she was a church going lady though I have to admit she does keep the holy rosary around when she has to deal with Eric mischief."

He chuckled, "I guess, she's a very strange woman."

I smiled, "Yeah I guess so."

There was silence, I saw him shifting in his seat playing with his thumbs. "You're sixteen. You look like your mother that age."

"I don't," I said, "Alexandria does though."

"Ah well I would know because I grew up with your mother, in fact –" He pointed to the corner of the room, "– That's us for graduation, well not your mother but your father and I."

I turned seeing a younger version of my father and Mr. West Moore, both in their graduation gowns, hugging each other and holding their certificate smiling at the camera. "West Moore Academy was the same school we attended, given that my father was the one who had it running back then."

I turned, he was still looking at the photo as if remembering a good story but the second I spoke he seemed to be snapped back to reality, "Do you know the Andersons?"

"Yes I do, Lionel is one of my top students in both biology and chemistry, and then there's Lisa talented young girl but very shy and quiet."

"What about Luke?" I asked my head tilted to the side wondering why he didn't mention him.

His grim expression seems to speak for itself.

"Complicated fellow, Richard Anderson heir to the Anderson Empire, he's clever and very resourceful, he doesn't have many friends though rumors take that away from him."