02. Guest

When I woke up I felt sore, my legs and body ached me from walking around all night. They were so many people there that they made the ballroom it look smaller than it already was.

As I sat up combing my fingers through my messy hair remembering last night and how it ended. That person whoever he was, he disappeared in the crowd, I couldn't find him.

The blonde, blue eyes Loki.

He reminded me of the God of mischief and I was beginning to wonder if that was actually his persona. He just showed up out of nowhere claiming he was a family friend without saying his name then disappeared.

I hadn't got the chance to ask my father who he was and I highly doubt he would know from the lack of information I had on him.

Oh well.

I checked my phone seeing it was eight o'clock in the morning. Then I checked my messages to see if I got anything.

Nothing from my grandmother.

Nothing from Eric.

I sighed.

Did they really abandon me?

I spoke too soon because I got a text immediately after I thought those words.

Making my way downstairs I saw no one in sight, how could I, the place was huge. Walking in the kitchen I didn't see anyone but the maids cleaning up. "Miss Haystack," said the head cleaner.

"Where's my family?" I asked eagerly.

The lady looked confused then pointed outside in the yard. "Having breakfast Miss, we have guests."

"Guests?" I said feeling my curiosity rising.

Before she could say anything else, I walked outside.

The Estate was wide open land, west is where the beach was, while east the fields of grass and trees spread out with the sun rising over it. I spotted my mother and my aunt together conversing under a wide shed surrounded by the estate gardens, they looked so high class laughing away and drinking tea, my grandmother would've said something rude about the scene but because she told me to respect my elders I should be quiet.

My mother spotted me as I walked briskly towards them. "Elizabeth," she said, her tone was lively greeting me with a beaming smile.

I wasn't smiling, "I heard we have guests."

Aunt Claire snorted letting sarcastic laughter escape, "Just like her grandmother, always to the point."

"That's not a bad thing though, Auntie, why waist petty chit chat when you can get now to business," I replied

My mother chuckled while my Aunt Claire looked at me smiling in amusement, "Hmm I suppose you're right."

"It's an old friend to your father. Jonathan and Victor are with him preparing to hunt."

I nodded walking away to the field.

"Elizabeth! You can't go on the field dress like that!" yelled my mom.

"Leave her alone Jane she looks decent enough."

My aunt was right I guess I wore clothes but not for the muddy, grass lands with dew just drying up. My sweat pants were already dangled in mud and my blue shirt small enough it can almost expose my lower stomach if I just lifted my arms.

There I saw my father, my brother and the two guests. They were all stylishly dressed for the occasion. My brother standing with his long rifle sling to his back while chatting with the younger fellow, my brother seemingly to be the one carrying on the conversation.