25. Snowfall

Lionel

"You look like you're about to throw up," I said watching my favorite Haystack as she stood there watching the snowfall. I was lucky to spot her by one of the columns watching the blanket of snow. She was dressed in ordinary clothes wearing a white wool turtleneck and soft white pants with a long white coat covering her. With her pale skin it made her look like a ghost with the colour she wore.

Elizabeth gave me a small smile and nodded her head. "I'm a little nervous."

I joined her side, "About?"

"Everything..." then she paused shifting her weight a little, "My report mostly."

That made me laughed, "Elizabeth you're overreacting, you'll do fine."

She turned at me, her arms still folded around her, "Everyone here aces almost everything they do, I got lucky to even catch up with these advance studies."

"You were top of your class back in Ireland though."

She shrugged, "Yeah but here's different."

I chuckled, "It's not different. You just have to put more effort that's all."

She didn't give a response to what I said, instead pursed her lips and looked up at me, "Is he okay?"

I knew immediately who she was speaking of, looking down at my feet I tried to come up with something but nothing didn't seem right because after all she wanted to truth, "He's well... for now I don't think I could read him."

"What do you mean?"

"What I mean is that I think he's changed."

Elizabeth was about to say something when from a distance we heard the bell rang and I shoved my hands in my pockets, "Looks like they're calling us."

She frowned, her colour seeming to change, "Oh gosh I think I'm going to be sick."

I chuckled, putting my arm around her, "Relax Lizzy it's gonna be just fine."

***

The Christmas ceremony went well in my opinion. There were Christmas carols by the school's talented music class. Alex and David happened to lead them with a duet of 'It's Cold Outside' before it turned into a choir of songs.

Luke joined me after the choir of songs which seemed a bit planned to me, I didn't pointed it out though because when he nod in my direction I saw he looked distracted as if he didn't wanted to be here rather somewhere else. I should stop hanging around Grace too much as her phycology discussions during the lunch break were getting to me more than usual.

Then it went on with the play of 'A Christmas Carol' which was relatively okay expect for that one part where the moon fell during a scene, I felt second-hand embarrassment watching some people try to put it back up in it's place only to forget about it afterwards.

"You okay?" I asked Luke who looked like he would slide off his chair the way he positioned himself. He nodded at me, "Just fine."

He remained silent for the period until surprise – surprise, Alex so happened to be the nephew's wife in the play and when she appeared I heard a low curse coming from Luke before he tried to sit up properly. "I didn't know she was also acting," he muttered.

I gave a small smile. "She's multitalented of course."

I saw a frown on his lips, "Yeah I guess so too."

It was finally the nutcracker dance and everyone seemed to pay more attention to that, the music was fantastic and the costume design was wonderful. Chloe really knew what the crowd wanted.