05. History

Elizabeth

The last three periods of History class was so boring that I wanted to throw my textbook teacher in the head. Mr. Lewis didn't write anything on the board. He just kept talking about The Congress that was took place in Vienna on November, 1814.

He kept talking but nothing was interesting. Probably because I already knew about it from my grandmother, her classes were much more interesting.

Mr. Lewis soon realized no one was listening and began asking questions. "Class, what was one of the main problems the Congress faced?"

Everyone was quiet.

I knew the answer, my mind was ringing to say something to make the class a bit more interesting or him to feel like this teachings were going to waste (it probably was)

I stayed quiet though, because I was afraid to put my hands in the air. The new girl answering questions would just make me too noticeable.

Then someone raised their hand. "To insure any further aggression from France," the person said.

The person's voice sounding all too similar.

"That's correct Mr. Anderson. Anyone else?"

I felt a sudden chill, my body froze in thought that he was in one of my classes again.

I turned around seeing blond Loki with blues eyes siting two rows away in the back. He caught her attention and gave her a small smile.

Feeling a slight bit irritated in this I raised my hands.

Why?

I realized I felt a dread seeing his cocky behaviour, how he easily knows everything about my family and about me but yet I knew nothing about him. I was frustrated with his smiled and the way his eyes stared at me teasingly like there was something he only knows.

When Mr. Lewis pointed to me to answer I did, "To divide among the Great Powers certain disputed territories in a way acceptable to all."

"That's correct Miss –"

"Haystack... Elizabeth Haystack," I said feeling a bit in control about my knowledge. I turned back and Luke was already looking his in textbook preoccupied. I didn't feel disappointed, I knew he heard me.

"Well Miss Haystack," the teacher said, "Do you have a partner yet for the History assignment?"

I frowned, "No sir."

"Great, you'll be partnered up with Ethan, okay."

The class gave a tiny laughter, I looked around and saw them smiling at me almost in a mocking way. I felt a bit of embarrassment, this is exactly why I didn't wanted to do this.

"Sir let's not have her suffer," Luke said.

"Excuse me," he replied.

I turned to see Luke smirking, his eyes caught mines and then looked up at the teacher, "We all know Ethan is a terrible student, why let the new girl suffer because of him and let her do all the work."

Mr. Lewis stayed quiet.

"Because let me guess," Luke said, he placed his pen at his lips like he's thinking, "You want to make sure Headmaster sees that you're not terrible at your job."

"Mr. Anderson I would warn you to keep your mouth in check –"

"But you aren't a terrible teacher sir," Luke said, "In fact Mr. Lewis you are one of my best teachers, never once bore me, and as you can see you didn't bore – what's her name again – Elizabeth?"