18. Dentention

It was just like I predicted, everyone was tired to even get out of their beds, the Tuesday moved slow as the students council dragged themselves out of their beds – myself included though I wasn't a member – to clean up the gym for Wednesday.

Timothy was by my side that entire day, I guess he was making it up to me though he didn't had to, I knew he had this studies, he had the most hardest subjects that required all his time yet he chose to spend the day with me which made me feel a bit selfish.

"There," he said packing the last of the boxes for us. He adjusted his glasses and his grey eyes looked back at me, smiling while his chest rising and falling. I bit my lips full of worry, yesterday I was so happy he decided to come to the party but now it was different we weren't arguing so he didn't had to constantly spend time with me.

"What's wrong?" he asked, his thumb grazing my cheek slightly. I sighed looking away folding my arms, "Do you have studies today, Timothy?"

He stared at me confused, then stepping forward a little, he nodded, "Yes, why? What's wrong?"

"Why are you here though? You should be revising?"

He gave me a blank expression, my eyes diverted from him to the students around us especially Chloe and my sister Alex, who seemed to take interest in our conversation.

"I don't understand," he said, "You don't want me here?"

"I never said that."

"You did, Elizabeth."

"Timothy..."

He stepped forward, hands on my cheek, "I'll study later, I want to spend time with you today." I looked up to the same stormy grey eyes I'm use to and sighed again unsure how to response, what's wrong with me really? I'm chasing him away and yet I don't want him to go.

"Okay," I said nodding my head and giving him a faint smile, "Okay but this evening is for your books."

He chuckled, stealing a quick kiss from my lips which surprised me. "Okay babe."

His playful tone made me grin and when he winked leaving me to help the others I couldn't help but grin.

***

"I don't get it," Alex said while lifting the boxes up to my floor.

I creased my eyebrows at her, though she couldn't see my confused expression as she was in front of me, "Get what?"

"Why are you pushing Wilbert away when he's trying to make up the time he's avoided you?"

Alex, my dear little sister would always and forever be blunt.

"I'm not pushing him away," I defended.

"Yes you are, I saw how you acted guarding yourself, don't lie to me Lizzy." She turned with the huge box almost hitting me over with it.

"The hell –"

"He cares about you," she said.

"I know, jeez, fix yourself before we both tumble over the bloody staircase."

She grinned turning back once more. I rolled my eyes and watched her go up, my feet climbing back up the stairs following her. We didn't talk about it, though she looked like she wanted to press on.

Resting the boxes in Chloe and I shared dorm, I locked it and Alex leaned on the balcony with her elbows tilting her head to the side, god she was just like Luke sometimes. "So?"

"So?" I said avoided her golden eyes.

"Are you gonna pretend nothing is up or just straight off tell me?"