22. Necklace

Hermes was lying on Chloe's books when I walked in. After so long now I think he got use to having her more around than me but I didn't mind, Chloe appreciated his affection too and also she feeds him, which is saying something: I'm a terrible owner.

Hermes lifted his head, his yellow cat eyes stared at me silently as I sat on my bed, Chloe came out of the shower stunned to see I was there, "You're back early. I thought you were staying for another day?"

"We were but my Father had a business call from his secretary saying that it was urgent, I don't think it was I just think he got tired of us."

Chloe stood there staring at me, her green eyes looking hesitant at first then she sat on her bed and Hermes came onto her lap and lay there. At first I was hurt but he looked so cute that my jealousy was washed away by the way he looked, so peacefully cute.

"Your dad sounds..."

"Like all fathers?"

Chloe shrugged, "I don't know, my dad... he died in the Middle East. He was a war photographer, his passion was showing the world the horrors of reality and he paid for it with his life."

"At least yours wanted you," I said.

Chloe was silent and when I realized she wasn't going to say anything I got up and headed to the shower, it a was a long bath and when I came out Hermes was asleep now on my bed while Chloe was writing in her books

"What do you think about sports Lizzy?" Chloe asked me. I turned at her confused as to why she'll ask me this but I shrugged it off saying, "I like football, use to play it a lot with my cousin Eric."

Chloe went on writing, eventually I asked her what she was doing and she just shrugged, "The Academy is getting bored, sure the Halloween party was fun but not a lot students are really the party type. I was thinking maybe a sports day might help."

"But..." I sat down on her bed looking at first paper she scraped, "The term is about to end."

"Oh no, not this term," she grinned, "Next term and maybe with new blood in my committee maybe it can be pulled off."

I was left taken a back by her. "New blood?"

"Yes," she said smiling to herself, "Two board members got suspended, found with small bags of marijuana in their lockers and I've taken it upon myself as President to also rip them of that position on the board. So there are two available spots on it."

"One for me?" I asked still stunned by her proposal. I didn't think she would have let me on the board but there she was handing it to me happily.

"Yes..."

"And the other?"

She shrugged, "I don't know, your sister, Jonathan. Someone who is helpful perhaps, I'll decide before the term ends but I want you at the meetings, it's every other Friday."

"So the meeting is tomorrow then?"

"Yes..."

I nodded still a little surprise at the offer but I was glad, "Okay I'll take it, I'll help you."

***

Timothy was in the homeroom when I finally get to talk to him, I walked in class approaching his seat as he sat there with a crossword puzzle, his eyebrows knitted looking at it with such intensity that he didn't even notice I sat in front of him until I spoke.

"Timothy."

He looked up, "Elizabeth? I thought you were back till... what day is it?"

I chuckled resting my hand on his cheek, he was burning hot and when I frowned he pushed my hands away. "It's nothing just a little fever."