07. Crush

A/n

Alex point of view for this chapter

Enjoy :)

----

It's been two weeks now since we transferred to West Moore Academy, I realized gradually both my brother and sister were acting weird with each other, Jon hardly ever eat with us and Elizabeth was always busy with something saying she's got too much work, whenever she sees Luke she walks away only ever saying a few words to Lisa or Lionel.

Whenever I tried asking Jon what was the matter he would shrugged and pretend everything was normal but I'm not dumb. He gives Timothy almost everyday a cold stare and his sister a grim look.

I saw it and it was getting on my nerves.

Music class seemed to calm me down a little, David was a good tutor, I learned the chords on the guitar well and soon was practicing, I tried making conversation with him though but he always answered one word or not at all instead changing the subject to lessons, I guess the silence is what I wanted today.

He noticed and for the first time actually asked a question, "Are you okay?"

At first I didn't take his concern as progress in our friendship I just simply answered, "Yes, why'd you asked?"

He shrugged, his eyes looking back at his strings tuning it, "It's just you're very talkative and today you aren't so I got curious."

I smiled pushing him lightly at his shoulder, "Thank you for caring, I appreciate it."

David looked at me bewildered, "I don't care."

"No you're those teenagers who hate everything and write depressing songs about death and lost."

His face grew red with embarrassment and I laughed. He didn't say anything and I frowned, "It was a joke Dave."

"My name's David."

"My name's David," I mocked jokingly.

He sighed, "I shouldn't have asked anything."

I chuckled, "Yep, you shouldn't."

***

Lunch time I sat alone for the first time.

It felt weird. I got so use to Lisa and Sarah or maybe just my brother and Lionel or perhaps my sister and Timothy, they all were good company for lunch in their own way.

But now they were all busy.

School Assignments are starting, quizzes and tests to study for and sometimes club meetings to attend, these things caused me to eat alone for the first time and I felt a bit nauseous.

I wasn't hungry anymore.

I got up and placed my remaining food in the bin and then strolled off to the library. I would come here with Lisa after classes and study, the library was opened until eight o'clock, the perks of being a boarding school I guess.

Reading was the last thing I would ever do. I'm not much of a reader really, I just preferring those cliché books online and maybe a few goosebumps to entertain me.

But I was never a heavy reader like my sister, or my brother who was read anything mystery or thriller.

I walked around the non fiction because I wasn't sure where the fiction part of the library was and to be very honest I saw a lot of interesting things, I stood there standing at the shelf finally picking up a book about the history of West Moore Academy, an old text with it's golden edge pages, I finally opened it to see it was all in another language.

The hell, I thought, how am I suppose to read this?

"Need help?" said a voice, I recognize it but turning around seeing him finally made me realized he was talking to me.

"You're the apple thief," I frowned at him.

Luke's blue eyes danced with amusement, then it switch to apologetic as he rubbed behind he neck, "Yeah about that I'm sorry, they only had oranges and I wanted an apple."

I didn't though, "So you just saw mines and took it, that's pretty rude."

"I guess it was, I did give you my orange in return though."

I frowned, he was right, he did but still doesn't change the fact he took my apple. I placed the book to my chest trying to fold my arms at him. Luke smiled and I was actually annoyed a little.

"I'm sorry Alexandria," he spoke softly.

"It's Alex."

His head tilted to the side still looking at me, "Your name is beautiful why change it to something simple like Alex, you sound almost like a boy."

I scowled at him feeling a rush of anger, "My name makes me sound pompous, I'm not pompous."

"It doesn't make you sound pompous," Luke replied, he kept his voice low and soft, his eyes never maneuvering somewhere else, it made me feel awkward and self conscious, no wonder why my sister avoids him like the plague.

When he realized I wasn't going to say anything he spoke again looking at my book, "Do you need help?"

I shook my head and replied a no and he nod silently looking at me then at the book, "I know a bit of Welsh, in fact that book help taught me as well as Carl West Moore."

"Elizabeth's godfather."

He nodded for a moment seeming to be lost in thought, his face looking hollow and sad, I couldn't help but wonder what was wrong.

I didn't ask though instead I accepted his request to teach me and seeing his smile again seemed well enough.

We sat down by the desk and he opened the book reading in its tongue, he sounded ancient and almost like a prince of that era, so graceful and handsome. I shook my head out of the thought.

He looked at me confused and I smiled, "Go on I'm listening."

Luke nodded and went on translating and teaching me a little, I barely caught on only fixated by his eyes and maybe the way he spoke.

When the bell rang and we got up, him borrowing the book for me and walking me to class I felt a lightness and almost willingness to have him around me.

"Thank you Alexandria," he spoke.

I frowned confused, "For what?"

"Not chasing me away, I'm not the bad guy, your brother and sister should realized that."

"I know," I replied feeling a slight blush forming on my face. What the hell was happening to me!?

"Good perhaps you can convincethem."

And with that he just left.

-----

Very short chapter, ugh.

Oh well :)