20. Curious

The hangover was horrible, my head pounded and I groaned thinking about how I made a mess of myself and then I thought of my sudden revelation of how much my sister's relationship was much better than mines and I was actually envious of it.

It didn't help that she was the first person I saw, I guess she slept with me instead of Luke and why did she? Lionel wasn't going to do anything, I don't think he swing both ways.

"You okay?"

"Ughhh!"

She chuckled, "Gosh you're so soft, no wonder I'm always worried about you."

"Alex... stop talking," I groan resting my head back down in the soft sponge.

"Can't do that," she said, and pushed me awake, "We have to get back before somebody notice that we sneak out."

"What time is it?" I said, the light wasn't hurting my eyes, in fact I only just realized there was no lights at all but her phone light.

"Almost four, we have to go Elizabeth." And she unzipped the bag and crawled out, I had no other choice but the follow, walking blindly into Jessica who just grinned at me.

"Sorry."

"It's okay."

I cleared my eyes and then saw Lionel outing the flames, Luke cleaning up the mess and packing up quickly. "We have to come back tonight for the rest of our things."

"Wouldn't someone take it?" Alex said.

He shook his head, "Field is too dead for anyone to pass here. They will be still here by tonight."

Alex nodded and gestured the group to start walking. I managed behind looking up at the sky that seemed bright yet it was still very early in the morning.

Luke slowed his pace for me and I got nervous. He didn't met my eyes though, he just had his head down while we both took our huge steps back to school. "Are you okay?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" I said, my voice sounding harsher than intended to. He glanced to the side, my head was straight ahead but I know now he was staring. "I was just curious."

"Hmm."

"You know," he said, "Missing someone is okay, it shows we care about them when they aren't around."

I slowed my pace almost to a stop. "You think I miss Timothy last night?"

"Wasn't that the reason why you drank so much?"

I clenched my jaw, thinking back to it maybe it was that after all and seeing them made me jealous. "I guess so."

He gave me an inquisitive look, both of his hands occupied with camping tents, he looked almost like a penguin standing with his arms stretched out like that.

When I smirked he raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"Nothing," I said and shook my head continuing on the path.

***

This time I climbed over the fence easier than before. Lionel was the one that cause the trouble and I guess he was still high on something he had in his pocket.

Finally he managed to get over grinning sheepishly at us staggering left to right before walking up to me, he grinned holding my cheek and before I knew it, Lionel Anderson kissed me.

It surprised all of us, me more than anyone.

"Now why did I do that," he muttered at me, his blue eyes flickering with mischief. It didn't take long before he fell on the floor completely passed out.

Jon and Luke looked both angry and confused, unsure how to move, finally Jon spoke taking Jessica hands and giving her to us, "Take her to one of your dorms, she can't be seen by the teachers."

"What about the two of you?" Alex hissed.

"We'll deal with him," Luke said looking at his brother. "Go before we all get in trouble."

Nodding our heads, we managed to go back to our dorms safe without getting caught, Jessica stayed with Alex and Lisa since having the school President as a roommate wasn't the safest bet.

I still felt a little shock by the events, the sudden realization that I was jealous at my sister, the inquiring reason as to why Luke cared about me and the kiss from my not-so-straight friend.

Honestly though why was I bothering to care about these little things, I still felt like I had a hangover so I lie down on the bed missing that day of classes, getting detention once more but this time with another Anderson.

***

"Are you mad at me?" he asked when the teacher left us alone.

Seriously though, they really trust us or just don't care.

He was sitting on the desk, his feet on the chair and his blue eyes gazing worriedly at me.

I was next to him just in the same position like he was but he was tenser while I was relaxed, I shook my head forming into a smile which threw him off guard, "Honestly Lionel why should I be? It was just a kiss."

He let out a heavy breathless laughter, grinning at me now, "I'm glad you're not mad."

I shrugged, "Meh I have more things to study about."

He nodded, his eyes seeming like he was in deep thought. I raised my eyebrow at him. "Was that your first kiss to a girl?"

He looked back up shaking his head, "No."

Somehow that didn't surprise me. "I kissed a girl before," he said, his eyes distant, thinking about the memory. "She and I were close, best of friends but I didn't tell her or any one, a night we decided to sneak out see the stars, I should've realized I was hurting her, I should've realized it so I didn't have to hurt her. She kissed me and I panic, I didn't know whether to push her away or explain, I did the most dumbest thing, I kissed her back, not very good either. It was a couple of days after avoiding her for so long that I finally told her the truth and well she was pissed."

"And heartbroken too," I said.

"Yeah I guess so," he replied then folded in arms, clutching onto himself for support. "I was stupid and well lost a best friend after that."

"She really stopped talking to you?" I said.

He pursed his lips, "Yeah, and when I noticed I guess I stopped talking to her too."

I saw him went back into the deep thought and I went into mines, thinking about the girl, whoever she was how she must've feel when her friend had rejected her like that, then I thought of Chloe who also had feelings for Luke but he rejected her not because of his sexuality but because he just didn't felt for her the same way. Which one was worse?

Timothy appeared in my mind, and I clenched my jaw, why was I thinking about him when I thought of heart break?

It wasn't right.

A/n: 

Cause I'm so busy lately and keep having a bunch of other writing projects piling on me I decided to take a one day break and do some writing. 

I know this story isn't gonna get the reads I wanted and for what it's worth I don't care right now. This story has been bothering me for years, my friends know this, my sister too and after rewriting the plot so many times I think I should just settle for what my brain gives me.

So I'm gonna complete this story, at my own pace and then continue on the trilogy it was meant to be.

If it becomes crap then it was practice writing for better projects. 

It's March 24th 2020, and my country is on lockdown because of the Covid-19 and I hope you all are doing okay.