08. Argument

I sat on my bed with my laptop on my lap and Hermes besides me lying down sleeping. I was typing away on my History project only getting the ideas from Luke through my sister, his way of avoiding me as I did to him.

That was a good thing, I wasn't ready to face him an question him about anything, I tried not to think about what Carl's said about Luke, I just wanted nothing to do with that guy and yet everything I try not to think about it, his name would pop up out of the blue by some girl in class or even my sister.

I've noticed that, my sister behaving too friendly with Luke, her being friends with Lisa is understandable and she only talks to Lionel when Jon was around so Luke around her would only meant she liked him around.

I stopped typing, my mind was wandering off for its own good. I sighed, Timothy was hardly speaking to me, I couldn't just appear to him again in hopes he would open up. It was like my confession made it worse between us and I wanted to scream because that was the exact opposite I wanted.

I missed him.

I missed my grandmother and my cousin.

Hermes was all I had and what good will a cat do in conversing. I looked across the room seeing Chloe doing her homework, she was in his pajamas ready for bed but she was trying to push some last minute homework since she forgot it just before she changed for bed.

"Chloe?" I said.

She hummed not looking up at me, I take this as a response to continue. "What do you think about Luke?"

I saw her body froze, she stop writing and turned at me with a blank expression, "Why do ask?"

I shrugged, "He's a family friend yet I don't know him personality."

"And you think I do?" she replied a little harshly, when she saw my hurt expression she softened, sighing a little and getting up.

I watched her as she sat on my bed stroking Hermes who seemed to be grateful for the affection. "Luke was a friend," she said to me. I tried not to open my mouth and interrogate her with questions instead I let her tell me what she wanted to say.

"In fact we were best friends until one night he sneak out of school and came back drunk, he was smiling and laughing telling me how much he wanted to please his grandfather and one day he will own the Anderson Empire and make his family rich – like they aren't already."

Chloe let a small smile linger on his face, she continued gravely, "I listened of course, when I came to WMA I wasn't like how I am now, I didn't had this much authority, Luke gave me this, he helped me make friends, he insisted I joined the student council and when it came to choose the president he gave me confidence to write my name down as nominee. All these little courtesies made me fall for him, his kindness and support, he was my best friend and when he was drunk and I told him I liked him that evening in this same room, he kissed me on the cheek and said he thought of me like a sister. I was a bit hurt and foolish, I kicked him out of my room and yelled at him, he got mad and started to yell back and before I know it I shut the door telling him how much of a manipulator he was."

"You don't talk to him anymore?"

She shook her head, "A few times then and there, he would tell me the little things he learnt and I would say how I'm 'running my kingdom'. Other than that we weren't as close, I spread the rumors about him, the Dark Prince. I told everyone about the hearts he broke and the girls he used, of course it was all lies, he only ever had one girlfriend Katelyn Meyers and she broke his heart, he never told me much about her just only that."

I felt a sudden sadness and pity for Chloe, she looked like such a good girl you'll never think of her this way. I took her hands and she smiled a little, her eyes blinking away the tears.