15. Tennis

(Alex point of view)

It was Saturday morning, though it was somewhat cold the sun still shined over the newly turned orange and red leaves. I never got the chance to experience autumn really. Aunt Claire would let us pack to go Texas and spend the rest of our time there.

I had fun in Dallas though but I still never got to really see the whole autumn season, then when it came around December we would go to New York and spend Christmas there.

Lisa and I were up early today, I wanted a little change, just to take a walk and see the Academy, to enjoy the view before the rest of students whom slept in late wake up and begin their day.

We passed the football field I didn't see Lionel or Jon anywhere, usually they would be up already jogging but neither of them was spotted.

When we walked to Cricket field I felt a sudden curiosity. "So this is kind of like baseball," I pointed out.

Lisa shook her head and then grinned, "Baseball is more complicated to me, I prefer Cricket."

"I don't," I said remembering seeing my aunt watching it on the TV with her other British friends and even though I understood the basic of the game I found it a bit boring, my aunt love Cricket and British Football. I watched some players on the field, one bowling the ball, and with a quick hit the batsman ran not around the field like in baseball but back and forth with his bat. Odd and easy in my opinion but I guess it was fun to everyone it looks entertaining.

"You ever play?" I asked her.

She nodded, "Whenever we went to the beach we would play but not anymore."

"Maybe next summer we'll have fun, there's still time."

Lisa smiled faintly, "I hope so, it'll be fun having you with us, I'm sure Luke would love that and so would I."

The mention of Luke made my heart raced but still I was worried, the argument was ridiculous but still I couldn't help but feel at fault, because of my stubbornness I refuse to apologize to him and made it clear he had to come talk to me if he wanted this to work out.

When we walk onwards, we passed a fenced area where students played field tennis, I glanced inside and saw in one of the seats Elizabeth and Lionel was talking. I always wondered why my brother and sister favor Lionel over Luke. I see no difference in brothers expect the way they look, Luke was just as charming as Lionel, his smiles look more like a smirk but yet they still show a sense of warmth to them. And both brothers were friendly and kind, but yet everyone thinks Luke is devious. The rumors Luke told me Chloe made up can never leave him.

"Look your brother," I said pointing at Lionel.

Lisa caught sight of them and creased her eyebrows, "Huh I didn't expect him to be playing tennis."

I gestured to the gate, "Let's go see." I took her hand and we opened the gate and walked around the field, Elizabeth saw us and smiled. "Hey look who's up early."

"It's nine," I noted.

"Exactly," she smiled and then Lionel nudged at her more to say something, but her shook her head at it.

"What's wrong?" I asked noticing their strange behaviour.

"Have you talked to Luke?" Elizabeth asked.

I frowned, "No."

Lionel sighed, "Oh well I guess they'll be here any second."

"Who will be here?" Lisa asked, she was just as curious as I was.

"Come," Elizabeth gestured with her hands, she patted a spot near her. "Come sit with us, the game is about to start."

Exchanging glances, Lisa and I walked up the stairs and sat with Elizabeth and Lionel on the benches. "Where's Timothy?" I asked her softly.