Chapter 13

J.J.K

It had been days. 5 days since he made the promise of pain.

And 5 days in which he didn’t deliver.

We had been going about just like normal, the harassment hadn’t stopped but it was nothing new to what he had been doing for the past few months.

I walked into the cafeteria 5 days after that promise and sat down with my friends. I was the last one there, just like normal. Nobody said anything to me as I sat down. They all looked white as ghosts.

“What’s wrong, guys?” I asked, growing even more curious when Jimin and Jin looked at Hobi.

“So I got partnered with Taehyung for a project…” Hobi trailed off.

“Oh. Well just be careful okay?” I said. I was a little shocked but I wasn’t worried about it.

“You’re not angry or mad?” he asked as if Taehyung was my boyfriend and I needed to give him permission.

“Of course not. Why would I be?” I asked, but it was rhetorical so I didn’t get a response.

---

It had been about a week since Hobi had been assigned a project with Taehyung. Things seemed to be going well for them both. Too well, I thought. They were actually becoming really close friends.

It was one day at lunch when I came in to the cafeteria late because I was using the restroom. I walked in the cafeteria and sat down with my friends, and they were all having a conversation. It seemed normal, until I sat down.

“Hey, Kook,” Hobi said looking down at his plate.

“Hi guys… what’s going on?” I asked, getting more and more skeptical by the second. They all looked at each other before they looked at Hobi.

“So Tae and I were just talking while taking a break from our project yesterday,” Hobi started. I winced a little bit at the nickname that just slipped out of his mouth so effortlessly and without thought.

“Okay you guys were talking. Nothing new. Get to the point,” I snapped. “Sorry.”

“It’s fine. I get it. Anyways we were talking about Jimin and how our relationship is going great, and I asked him who his crush was,” Hobi said, stopping to see my reaction and see if I actually wanted to know.

I did. I wanted to know more than anything. But I didn’t want to seem desperate.

“And?” I asked, trying to act cool, and failing pretty miserably when my voice betrayed me and cracked.

“Well…..” Hobi started, but he seemed to be having a hard time getting the words out.

“He said his crush was you.”

K.T.H

I promised him pain. 5 days ago. And I hadn’t delivered.

I hadn’t stopped what we normally did, but I hadn’t done my promise.

I was sitting in class like normal, one of my classes without Jungkook, but with his friend Hoseok.

The teacher walked in.

“Okay ladies and gentlemen. We are starting a project. I will assign your partners to avoid any conflicts. We will be working on it the whole class so after you hear your partner, come get a paper explaining it and then get to work,” he said.

“...Kim Taehyung and Jung Hoseok…” he said, the only pairing I heard out of all of them because it was my pairing.

Of course I have to be with him, I thought to myself.

The rest of the pairings went by and I zoned out the window until I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I looked up to see Jung Hoseok standing there, waiting for me to say something inviting him to sit. I didn’t, so he took action and sat in the empty seat next to me.

“So I think you know who I am and who my friends are, but I want to make this as painless and comfortable as possible for the both of us,” he said with a sunshine like smile. I nodded, not knowing what else to do, and we started work on our project.

Lunch that day, my friends and I decided to ditch because I didn’t feel like facing Hoseok along with his other friends with the chances being he was going to tell them about the assignment. We didn’t go back to school for the rest of the day.

---

It had been about a week since I had been assigned the project with Hoseok. Because of the fact we had very little time to work on it in class and I didn’t feel like failing the class and having to take it again because I hated the teacher, we had started getting together outside of school, after school and on the weekends.

We knew that we would get more done if we took breaks every so often when we were working, so we got to know each other a lot better. It took a little bit of effort on his part to get me to open up, but eventually he did and we started to become… friends.

We were doing our project one day sitting around at a park and we decided to take a break and rest. As per usual, Hobi started a conversation.

“Sooooo… I know this is kinda all of the sudden, but who do you like?” he asked.

“I’m not gonna tell you… unless you tell me a big secret about you,” I said, trying to keep my blush hidden.

“Okay fine. Jimin and I are dating…”

“I know that. I think everybody knows that,” I interrupted.

“If you’ll shut up then I would get to the secret part. We are dating and we both kinda have a thing for Yoongi and there is this thing called polyamorous where there are multiple people in one relationship dating each other and…” he trailed off, leaving me to fill in the blanks.

“Wow. That’s quite a secret. Well you can’t tell anyone this but Yoongi kinda has a thing for both of you too. That’s why he got so upset when he found out you two were dating. I’ll put in a good word for you two, ok?” I said, reaching for a grape from the snack basket we brought to the park.

“Oh my god for real!?! Thanks man,” he said smiling at himself. I thought I had gotten away with not telling him who my crush was until he shot his head up.

“Hey! You’re not getting out of this deal buddy. Who do you like?”

“Jungkook…” I mumbled under my breath, hoping he didn’t hear me.

“What was that? I couldn’t hear you, speak up.”

“I SAID JUNGKOOK OK!” I yelled, trying to get this out of the way.

“OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG can I tell him pleaseeee,” he begged.

“No of course you can’t tell him that would be embarrassing.”

“What if I can promise it will end well for the both of you?”

“Can you now?”

“Yes. I swear on my relationship with Jimin.”

“Fine.”

---

I was about to walk into the cafeteria a few days later, but from where I was standing, I could hear what Hobi was talking about with his other friends.

“And?” I heard Jungkook say, his voice cracking, and I could only assume this was Hobi telling him about me.

“Well…” Hobi said. There was a bit of a pause before he managed to utter out the words I had dreaded since I agreed to let him spill, “He said his crush was you.”

Hey!
Word Count: 1245
I promised more frequent updates and I will try my hardest but I'm in the last month of school so I am trying really hard to catch up on all my work.

Hate to leave you guys on a cliffhanger but I will try to post the next chapter soon.

Love you all!

-Amy :)<3