Chapter 23

J.J.K

I wasn’t going to wait to tell him I was pregnant. 

I would start showing soon enough and if I started showing and throwing up all the time, he would get suspicious.

I would prefer to get the abandonment over with as soon as possible. When Taehyung got back from the studio.

He usually got home 4 or so, and it was 3:30 at the moment.

I had my suitcase on the bed with my clothes messily shoved into it, cosmetics and shoes mixed up in the tangle of sweater sleeves and pant legs. I managed to get basically all my clothes into the suitcase and my tears almost under control when I heard the front door shut.

“Honey, I’m home~” Taehyung announced in a sweet, loving, sing-songy voice as he walked through the door. It caused me to burst out in tears once again, not responding to him as he called me yet again. I heard his footsteps approach the door as I finished zipping up the suitcase.

The door swung up and I turned to face him, tears silently streaming down my face.

“Baby, what’s wrong?” Taehyung asked, concerned, only noticing my tear stained face and nothing else around the room. I stepped back when he stepped forward to cup my face. His face became more puzzled and he finally looked around the room. 

He noticed my drawers emptied of clothes and scattered around on the ground, the half of the closet that is normally filled with my sweaters and t-shirts with only a few empty hangers left. His eyes shifted down to my suitcase before darting up to meet my eyes again.

His beautiful eyes were brimming with tears and I wanted nothing more than to reach forward and wipe them from his eyes, kiss him softly and tell him that everything was going to be okay, that I was going to be okay, that we were going to be okay, but I resisted. I resisted, knowing that he would be disgusted with me the second I told him what was happening.

“What’s going on?” Taehyung asked, voice breaking as tears started streaming down his face.

“I-I,” I started, stuttering as I felt more tears building behind my eyes.

“Are you,” he started, taking a deep breath before continuing. “Are you leaving me?”

“N-no. Y-you’re gonna be leaving me,” I whispered, looking down at my feet, not being able to make eye contact with him anymore.

“I would never leave you, my love,” Taehyung said, causing me to look up at him with more tears pooling in my eyes.

“I’m pregnant, Taehyung,” I said, rather strongly despite the circumstances.

“W-what?” Taehyung stuttered, eyes widening in disbelief.

“Yeah, I’m pregnant. Apparently guys can get pregnant but it only happens to every like 1/100 guys. I just happen to be one of them,” I said, voice sounding exhausted from all the tears that I’d shed that day.

“No way,” Taehyung said, turning around and cradling his head in this hands before running his fingers through his hair.

“Yes way, Taehyung,” I said, turning my back to him so I could smooth out the comforter where the suitcase had been and grab the handle for the suitcase.

When I turned back around, Taehyung was no longer in the room with me, and I heard the door slam shut shortly after he left the room.

I collapsed to the floor, sobbing. I crawled over and grabbed my phone, calling Jimin immediately, who had guaranteed he would be there for me whenever I needed it.