Chapter 18

J.J.K

"Baby please let me in," Taehyung called through the door.

After I ran off, I locked the door and fell on my bed crying. He sat downstairs, and I know this because the door never opened. He must have figured out what I meant because he was trying to get me to talk to him again. I didn't want to open the door and face what he was gonna say. I didn't want to face the rejection. So I didn't. I left him to bang on the door and call for me until he got tired and left.

He must have been trying to get me to talk for at least an hour before the knocking and yelling stopped.

He must've left. I need some water, I thought. I opened the door and saw Taehyung standing there.

This fucker. Why did I think he would give up this easy? I thought as I went to slam the door shut again. Before I could get the door closed, he stuck his foot in the way. There was no point in me fighting him anymore, or fighting for him for that matter.

I ran to my bed and laid there with my face shoved in a pillow. I heard him shut the door and I felt the bed sink next to me where he sat.

"Jungkook, baby. I know what you meant when you said someone fucked you but you didn't cheat, but I want to hear it from you," Taehyung whispered while gently lifting my up and putting me in his lap so I was straddling him. I looked anywhere but his face. He seemed to notice this so he grabbed my waist with one hand to keep my still and used his other hand to push my face so I had to look at him.

"Baby boy, I'm not going to leave you, I swear on my life. I want to hear what you meant from your mouth," Taehyung reassured me.

"I-I w-was r-ra-raped," I whisper before bursting into tears again. He grabbed the back of my neck and pulled me so my head was resting against his chest. I stayed there until I stopped crying and my breathing evened out. I could hear his heartbeat.

"Baby. Can you hear my heartbeat?" Taehyung asked, lifting my head up so we could make eye contact. I nodded. "That heart beats for you. It didn't stop beating for you even when I thought you cheated. My heart either beats for you, or it doesn't beat at all. You're the only thing keeping my alive baby. Without you, I wouldn't be here. I'm sorry for assuming that you cheated on me. I didn't expect that you were raped. I never thought that sort of thing would ever happen to someone I've dated. I've been cheated on but my partner has never been raped, so I assumed that you had just cheated, and I'm so, so, so, so, so, sorry. I will never, ever leave you."

With that, he lifted me off his lap and lightly set me next to him. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small box. It was covered in black velvet. He opened it and grabbed two rings.

"Jungkook, baby, I want to show you how much I love you and how much I will always love you. I want to let you know that no matter what happens, I will be with you through thick and thin. I don't deserve someone like you. You are perfect. You are smart, beautiful, kind, honest, patient. I'm just a bully. I'm a bad guy and a bully who sexually harassed you for months just because I didn't know how to handle my feelings. You liked me for the broken, stupid, sick guy I am and I don't know how or why. I never want to be apart from you, and I want people to know that you're mine and I'm yours. So I give you this. A promise ring. It's not an engagement ring. I just want to promise you that no matter what I'm yours and your mine."

I had tears streaming down my face. I reached up and used the sleeves of my sweater to wipe the tears off my face and out of my eyes. I grabbed the ring he was holding out for me. It was a simple silver ring on the outside, but on the inside there was an engraving.

Forever and always yours, baby -Taehyungie

I grabbed his to see what it said on the inside.