Teacher Part 2

"Ok this is my place. You and Ava can share the guest room or each of you can have y'all own room" you said putting your keys on the key hook.

"T-they said she could live here not me" Carol said holding her sleeping daughter in her arms.

"Look I know for a fact you don't want to be without your daughter. And I'll feel much better if you were here too" you said.

"I can't thank you enough for this. I'm very thankful for you" Carol said.

" it's no problem. Let me show you around"

Walking down the hall with Carol behind you,You showed her the first room letting her put Ava down on the bed.

"Make yourself at home and don't be afraid to ask for anything" you said smiling at her.

"O-ok"

You closed the door before you went to change into something more comfortable. Once you got dressed you headed to your kitchen.

"Ms. Y/L/N"

"You can call me Y/N" you said.

"Could I leave Ava here so I could go get some clothes for us?" Carol asked.

"Sure, go ahead" you said.

........

Sitting on the couch strolling on the internet you heard a cry. Jumping up quickly you went to the guest room seeing Ava sitting up in bed.

"What's wrong baby girl?"

" I want my mommy" Ava cried.

You went over picking her to take her to the living room with you.

"We're gonna wait for mommy right here. She'll be back any minute" you said to the little girl.

Sitting down with Ava in your lap, you placed the laptop on the free space on your leg.

"So Ava I was looking at some pretty princess shoes.wanna help me pick some?" You asked.

"Yes" she mumbled as she cuddled more into you.

Strolling through the shoes you put every shoe Ava pointed at in your basket. Ordering the shoes for her.

"I'm hungry" Ava said.

" alright sunshine, let's go see what we can find" you said walking in the kitchen with Ava.

You sat her down at the table, giving her your iPad to play the games your nephews downloaded on there.

"I'm back" you heard Carol said.

" mommy! In here" Ava shouted.

"Hold on baby. Just a second" Carol said before she went to put the bags in the guest room.

Coming in the kitchen Carol sat Down next to her daughter kissing on top of her head.

"Watcha got there baby?" Carol asked.

"Y/N let me play games" Ava said.

By the look on Carol's face you knew she was about to say something to the little girl about calling you by your first name but you stopped her.

"It's fine. I told her to call me that... except for when we're in school" you said.

"I'm making dinner so I hope you're hungry like me and Ava" you chuckled.

"Very" Carol said.

/////////

~4 weeks later~

" I got the job! I got it" Carol yelled running in your room.

"What!? Seriously they called you!?"

"Yes! Thank you, thank you" Carol said jumping on you giving you a hug.

"Honestly Carol it was all you. I just told them that a friend of mines put in an application" you said.

You found out that they were hiring more assistant teachers and you told Carol to apply. You guys had gotten closer over the pass couple of weeks.

"I'm like so excited to start. I finally can start back over" Carol said.

Carol wiped away the tears that felled down her cheeks,She was so happy.

"Awe baby girl don't cry" you said pulling her in another hug.

Carol wrapped her arms around you breathing in your scent.

"I'm proud of you" you said smiling at her.

"I have a question. You don't have to say yes but I just wanted to know"

"Go ahead" you said.

Carol face and neck turned red, scared to ask you.

"Umm. I was wondering when I get my first paycheck could I take you out.... on a date" Carol asked picking at her nails.

"I'll love that Carol" you smiled.