Chapter 1: "Setting Targets"

Venatte now at the age of sixteen, still wishing to be able to visit the world "Father...." She starts, "this I ask each day I was born. Father, can I please go to the world of men?"

"Venatte, we talked about this." Kakó sighs.

"I'll be suasor, whatever it takes father, I just cannot live anymore not knowing how it is. Mother would have wanted me to go, and I know it. I felt her, father. Please." She says.

"Your mother, was the only one who isn't poisoned by the world my dear. It's different now, it's much darker than we are here at Skotadi.... see these..." He says pointing to the the lights on his own replica of the world, it is not far from the one in Fos, but in here you see lights instead of people. "Red means they are too far gone to retrieve, Blue means easy to persuade which are always the target of our suasors, Green usually means a newborn, since the world is cruel and only a child can be innocent these days. Venatte, if I send you there, you'll be greeted with these men with red auras."

"Father, please... I just want to learn... and maybe have a little fun? I'll go as a suasor if it's the only way."

"Very well... A suasor's duty is to merely persuade destruction, not cause it. Venatte, it's cruel out there."

"I understand father"

"A suasor must record, persuade, and report..."

"Yes father."

"Very Well" he says, pressing his finger on the center of her chest, she was given a mark beginning from her heart speading across her body as if a black mist. "It's the suasor's journal, the more people you persuade the bigger it becomes... this is your journal. Now go... I fixed up a place for you, my dear."

"Thank you father."

As she went through the gate of smoke and fire, reminiscent of Kakó's grief and anger. Venatte was greeted with their old home that was burned by her father himself. With a scan among the place, Venatte felt the feeling of comfort, sitting on the couch taking a deep breath and taking it all in. She felt her. "Mother" she whispers to herself. "She was here." She says standing up, and going up the stairs to her bedroom where her crib used to be, now it is lined with white walls and a bed. Taking a seat on the mattress, and taking a deep breath. "You were here. You were with me... I was only a little child... and..." she sighs. "I understand now, father.... I'll get these men to destroy themselves as you wish."

"Indeed dear, now you know what happen." Kakó said appearing in her room, wearing a suit, his coat reaching the ground. "This place was home, and now it's just a reminder of how evil the world trully is."

"We will have our revenge father, after I had my fun with these toys, they can throw themselves away." Venatte says.

"Come... Let's get you to school."

"School?"

"It's where I'll be assigning you. They all contain blue auras, dear. The moment you step in you'll know whatever it is that you'll need to know... Now, if you ever need my guidance speak of my name, and I'll take you back to Skotadi." He says, giving her daughter a reassuring kiss on the forehead.

They head to the school and as her father told her, she knew what to do. She gets to class, and sits at the back.

"What's good, honey?" A guy with green eyes, a square face and messy,unruly brown curls asks.

"Compter." Venatte says out of nowhere.

"Yes? I'm sorry do I know you, darling? Who are you?"

"Trouble." She smirks looking at him closer, his aura was blue. Easy to toy with.

"Trouble eh? Well, you're new here, why not show me what trouble you are?" He grins.