Chapter 22: "Deals with the Devil."

Ima still on her knees next to her coughing daughter, she takes in a sharp gasp of air. "It's a lot to take in." She huffs. Standing up, gently pulling up Cordis with her, helping her stand her ground.

"If it means anything..." Cordis sighs. "I'm sorry." She says, voice low and weak looking down.

Being weaved into a world that is tough to understand, and to be in a relationship in a matter of only days when you've been so closed off from the world is a lot to take in, yet it's not Cordis having trouble wrapping her head around it.

"Sorry?" Ima sighs, sitting down on their couch. "I have to say, it is something I may be mad for, but knowing that you weren't truly happy as you were pretending to be the moment I took you in. I'm more proud than mad of you." She smiles sweetly, making Cordis let out the breath she didn't even know was being held in. "Now, I'm not saying I'm not going to do anything about it. I am still your mother. I don't want you to be near her in anyway do you understand?" She says sternly.

"What?!" Cordis exclaims.

"I mean it." Ima answers.

"Is this because she's someone you can't understand?" Cordis sits down next to her.

"No it's not that." Ima answers calmly, turning her body to face her daughter, who seemed like there were merely the same age at this moment. It's like she grew up in just hours.

"I-is it because I'm not...." Cordis breathes in, "Straight?" She sighs. "Mum, I can't change who I am. Please, mum you can't just... force me to not see her again.

"It's something I can adjust to, what I can't bear is you being near danger, and that.... that.... thing! Is danger herself." Ima argues.

"Indeed she is." A deep raspy voice says, startling them both, draining all the color from their faces as they turn to see who said it.

A tall slender man was standing in the middle of their living room, his face unbelievably beautiful, his jaw was chiseled and well defined, his hair polished and perfectly styled, slicked back and dark. His eyes were the most beautiful of all, they were mesmerizing, it was like they can put you in chains, the moment he looks at you with them. He was wearing the darkest suit, that showed off his physic perfectly, his hands had some subtle nerves popping out. It seemed like he wasn't human at all.

"W-who are you?" Ima stutters.

"Get out." Cordis growls standing infront of Ima, as if sacrificing herself.

"I do not take orders from you." The dark figure answered, voice so deep it was like their hearts were almost vibrating.

"Who are you?" Ima asks again, standing next to Cordis.

"Someone you do not need to worry about." He raises his hand, flicking it and Ima was thrown to the wall, her back hitting it harshly, before falling to the floor, her legs tangled all over each other and her face planted on the cold tile. Her nose and mouth letting out red liquid to stain the floors and her skin; she was completely immobilized.

"Mum!" Cordis rushes to her aid, flipping her to lie on her back. "Mum, mum, mum." She caresses her blood-covered cheek, the thick liquid tirckling down her hand and wrist, ruining her clothes. No response came from, Ima. Her nose blocked with the liquid, her breathing wasn't not normal.

"Take care... of yourself..." Ima sputters out, sounding more of a muffled jumble of words, barely even audible. It was like she did not even say proper words.

"Mortals truly are pathetic." Kakó chuckles, slowly shaking his head grinning at the sight. "So weak, and vulnerable." He mocks.

"Do you not have a mortal daughter?" Cordis spits, glaring at her.