Chapter 13: "Change"

"So... Shall we go?" Venatte asks.

"Where shall we have our date Ms. Skotadi?" Cordis giggles.

"Wherever you wish for it to be Ms.Light" Venatte smirks, as her suasor's mark come alive and move furiously under her shirt, slightly stinging her, causing her to gasp for air.

"Venatte, what's wrong?" Cordis asks, cupping her cheek.

Venatte just shakes her head in reply as she turns to mist and gets taken to Skotadi. Cordis rushes out of the room and runs towards Elfsór's bedroom not thinking twice she opens the door breaking its locks.

"Cordis!" Compter panics scurrying to get the covers over their bodies.

"It's Venatte." She breathes through pale lips not really thinking about the scene in front of her, only Venatte is on her mind at this moment. She lost her color again, her palms getting sweaty.

"What about her?" Elfsór asks, who doesn't seem to be affected by walked in on.

"She's gone. It's like she was taken. Smoke. Mist. Black tattoo. Mark. Kakó" she starts spewing out random words, rambling. Fear was starting to overcome her again.

"Calm down, and breathe Cordis." Elfsór says standing up, completely naked, and not bothering to even put clothes on. He approaches Cordis placing his hands on her shoulders. "This day hasn't been kind to you. You were just like this a while ago. You can tell me anything."

"I think she was taken by her father." Cordis sighs, calming down a little.

"How are you okay with this?" Compter asks out of nowhere.

"She's seen me naked before." Elfsór turns around picking up his underwear and pants. "You have nothing to worry about, Compter... I mean... Daddy." He teases, leaning in and giving him a kiss.

"Can you guys be more serious? Venatte can be in a lot of trouble." Cordis groans, turning around and going to the living room.

Fenton groans waking up, when Cordis sits on the other chair. She presses her palms against her temple, worry painting her features.

"What happened to you?" Fenton furrows his brows.

"Unless Tentorie mentioned anything to you regarding demons or beings that aren't human, I can't explain shit." Cordis sniffles. She was crying, letting her emotions take over.

"Hey..." Fenton stands up crouching down in front of her. "Tell me what's wrong." He says sincerely.

"As if you care." Cordis sighs.

"It may seem I don't, since I usually get into some kind of sass competition with you." He chuckles trying to lighten the mood. "But... I don't know..." he sighs. "It's like someone changed me. As if someone flipped a switch, and I thought Tentorie would do that, but it feels like I'd be better off without her, which made me realize it's the other way around for you. Seeing you this worried got me thinking you're better with Venatte." He explains.

"Venatte did more than just bringing you back." Cordis smiles, tears still flowing from her eyes.

"I'm still confused with that. She asked all of you to go, but all she did was recite a poem." Fenton furrows his brows.

"Poem?" Compter asks, sitting on the chair where Fenton was.

"Something like own throne, bestow, own way. Just basically a poetry on being able to do things as you wish." Fenton says.

"Is that it? She was able to bring you back by a poem?" Elfsór asks, sitting on the floor infront of Compter's seat.

"You should write me one." Compter whispers, playing with Elfsór's hair.