Chapter 9: "Closing Off"

A pounding headache greeted Cordis the next day when she woke up, thinking everything that she saw was merely just a dream. Everything seemed foggy and yet so real to her. She can't seem to recall this certain time period before all the surreal moments that she witnessed. With no proper thought process, she takes her phone next to her pillow and calls Venatte.

"Hey...." Venatte answers, voice unsure.

"Can I come over today, so we can continue the project?"

"We already finished the project, Love."

"What?" She asks. "I mean I had a dream that you did. You were apparently this, warlock or witch of sorts and your eyes...." she says sighing "they were.... they were the most beautiful eyes I've seen, the silver glow around your pupils, surrounded by the black, black as the sky during a starless night." She says sounding a little poetic.

"Silver eyes, surrounded by my supposedly White but turned Black eyeballs?" Venatte asks, astonished. "I mean I'm flattered that you think, they're beautiful love, but how about we talk about this when you come over, yeah?" She suggests, smirking.

"Sure. I'll be there..." Cordis answers pushing off the covers. "I'll just get dressed real quick."

"You don't have to, you know." Venatte's smirk evident and obvious through her voice.

"I'm not wearing pants, you expect me to go out like that?" Cordis asks, giggling.

"Well honestly you have the legs to show off anyway." Venatte chuckles in responds.

"I'm not comfortable with that." Cordis answers.

"Guess I have the gift of seeing your legs all to myself." Venatte smiles, through her words.

"Shut..." Cordis starts to say, but pauses eyes falling on the already finished project that lie next to her bag. "Venatte?"

"Yeah, love?"

"Was I intoxicated in anyway yesterday?" Cordis asks.

"No...." Venatte replies slightly confused.

"That's odd... I'll just see you." Cordis days hanging up.

Venatte slightly a little gobsmacked. "Okay, rude." She sighs, and starts cleaning up and organizing the living room.

"Venatte." Kakó says, appearing.

"Father please, at least give me a heads up." Venatte rolls her eyes.

"I don't know where you got this attitude you've been having, Venatte. I am not amused." He says, starting to walk around the house. "Has you been in interaction with the human."

"She has a name father." Venatte answers, fluffing the pillow on the couch.

"Her name doesn't have any significance to me. I will ask you again. Have you been in contact?" He says finally walking towards his daughter.

"Yes father, I have. Why does it matter?"

"What did the conversation involve?"

"Her name has no significance, yet the casual conversation we had does?"

"Yes, now answer the question Venatte."

"She said she'll be coming over."

"Good. I want you to tell her you don't want to see her again." Kakó growls.

"What?"

"Do as your told, Suasor. I've reminded you to your job and persuade them towards destruction. Do you understand?"