Chapter 18: "Forgotten plans"

"Venatte..." Fenton calls her, as he catches up walking beside her. "That woman, at lunch... who just randomly glowed and disappeared into thin air... who was that?" He asks.

"She was my aunt." Venatte simply answers, as she keeps walking.

"Aunt? Suasors have families?" Fenton furrows his brows.

"No they are souls. I happen to still have my father and my aunt for they are the second generation of world-bearers, and I was born into the knowledge of their existence. I needn't die to know what are suasors, and become one. I simply asked my father..." she explains. "Speaking of my father, I must be going now."

"Go where?" Fenton asks.

"Home." Venatte simply answers.

"Home as in your house, or home as in..."

"I meant Skotadi, I believe my father would rather like my presence in our realm, and I think my father would appreciate some news from my aunt Kalós." Venatte says, walking out the school campus.

"Fenton!" Compter calls him. "What's new?" He asks.

"Venatte's aunt. She visited her." Fenton replies.

"That isn't good, I presume?" Compter cocks his head.

"I don't know." Fenton sighs. "She seemed different, she glowed gold, brighter than the sun almost, then she vanished."

"So suasors have different ways to disappear?" Compter raises his brow. "That's pretty neat." He smiles.

"No... Tentorie said suasors are souls, who I just found out don't have families." Fenton sighs looking down. "Where's Elfsór?" He asks changing the question.

"He slipped out of the school a little earlier than I, well more like everyone else did honestly. Some teachers really value time to the last second, and would even take overtime, even if they are well aware they are the last period." He rolls his eyes. "I just got off the phone with him. He's at Cordis's." He says.

"And where exactly is Cordis's?" Fenton asks.

"Hold on, he texted me the address." He takes out his phone from his pocket, unlocking it.

"Cute." Fenton smiles slightly, seeing his wallpaper.

"He is." Compter chuckles, it was Elfsór who seems to be in the middle of laughing his heart out. "Love seeing him happy." He smiles looking at Fenton, who smiled back. "Forgive me for asking, but... you still have feelings for Tentorie, don't you?"

Fenton sighs, looking up at Compter. He opens his mouth as if he was waiting for words to come out, but nothing did. He just lifts his shoulders, shaking his head slightly. "I maybe just addicted to the sex..." he shrugs, the statement coming out more of a question than an answer. "Forget my love life. The love life, well not just love, more like emotions as a whole.... The emotions we need to be worrying about is Venatte's. Where's Cordis?" He asks.

"Here." Compter says, showing Elfsór's text. "You know where this is?" He asks.

"Literally the same neighborhood as I am, and I never knew..." Fenton says gobsmacked. "Yeah, couple of blocks down my place." He says, stepping out the school, as Compter follows.

"Hold up!" Tentorie says, running towards them, as they pause from walking turning around to at least smile at her. "Off to Venatte's without me?" She pouts playfully, before giggling.

"Enough with the bubbly act. We already know it's fake." Compter says with hooded eyes.

"I know, I know." Tentorie rolls her eyes. "I was just kidding."