Chapter 15: "Trying."

"I don't think this will work." Venatte states.

"There's no harm in trying." Cordis sighs, cupping her face. "Let's make it all about you tonight." She says giving her deep passionate kiss, as her arms wrap around Venatte's neck, pulling her closer. "I think I'm already in love with you, Venatte." She whispers when they pull away for a second.

"I wish I can say the same, Love... but I can't feel anything." Venatte sighs.

"You will." Cordis presses her lips to Venatte's once again, guiding her slowly towards the bed. "You will." She mumbles her hand moving under Venatte's shirt, feeling her soft skin in her palms.

Venatte's lips move down to her chin, making Cordis glow. Her aura changing orange instead of purple. "That's it." Cordis says, as her hand travel up to her chest. "It's like your heart isn't even with you anymore." Cordis looks up at her Gray eyes. "Can't you really feel anything? Not even sadness?" She asks.

"No." Venatte sighs, shaking her head slowly.

....

"I know I said, I'd make this about you tonight... I just wanted to see...." Cordis says, her lips were plump and very glossy because of Venatte.

"See what?" Venatte prompts herself on her elbows, expressionless.

"I was hoping maybe you'd be a little... angry about that at least." Cordis sighs.

"I guess even the emotions that could help a suasor were taken from me." Venatte answers.

"Venatte... I don't think I can do this." Cordis's voice cracks. "I can't have feelings for you like this... I can't live with myself knowing that you don't feel the same, it would hurt me." She begins to cry. "And in time it might hurt you, for all the time we spend with each other will always remain memoirs of not trully being together. It would just be a joke..." she sniffles, sighing. "I don't think I have the strength to fight for that." She stands up, picking up her clothes and putting them on, as Venatte merely watches her with a straight face. "I guess this is goodbye, Venatte." She says, her aura turning black. "I wish I knew more to what you are. I want you back, Venatte... but clearly I cannot have that, and it was never in me to fight. I've done what I could, and that was even more than I ever did for anyone I have ever been with." Cordis looks at Venatte once more, staring at her eyes, wishing they would atleast glimmer and turn silver. "Goodbye, Venatte." Cordis says, wiping her tears and walks out the door, leaving the emtionless empty shell that was no longer the Venatte she once knew.

"What happened?" Compter asks.

"Just something I can't handle." Cordis sighs, walking out the door not even bothering to say goodbye, leaving the boys with the mouths agape looking confusingly at each other.

"I think we should go ask Tentorie for help." Fenton suggests again.

"I still don't understand why you think she can help." Elfsór says.

"She still has emotions, she's a suasor... she would probably know more that anyone on the world Venatte came from." Fenton explains, shrugging.

"Still doesn't make sense." Elfsór answers.

"And if anything, I think Hara would know the most of their world. His arms are practically covered in that mark they have." Compter adds.

"You think he'll help us?" Fenton asks.

"I mean we are his friends, are we not?" Compter answers, shooting an arrow in the dark, completely unsure if his statement was true.

"More like puppets. Clearly you probably have seen how he was able to change Jouet. She seemed so... well... emotionless almost." Fenton says. "Maybe not as completely emotionless as Venatte is now, but it's like she only feels anger, and pain or sadness. I mean... it is their duty to make us destroy ourselves, it was his way of persuasion it may seem. So were we really his friends?" He narrows his eyes.