Chapter 23: "Grieve"

"Cordis's now." Fenton says sternly already out the door, running towards her house. Compter and Elfsór run behind him, not even bothering to lock the door properly. The only thing on their minds is to keep the little safety group they've made for themselves to always go to when things don't go in their favor.

Bursting through in, not a care given to the door hinges getting brutally destroyed. The door falling to the reddish brown floor covered in blood. Ima's blood; she was a sprawled on the floor, lifeless.

Everyone was not themselves, even Venatte who was already on her knees, crying over the lifeless body. It was as if the room was spinning, everything didn't feel right.

"This is why I should go to Skotadi. My father, only I have been keeping him sane and kind for all these years since the lost of mother." She explains.

"No, There's another way." Fenton protests. "There has to be." His voice certain.

"We need to take care of Ima first." Elfsór says. "Kalós." He says.

As the words left his mouth, a bright gold glow appeared above them. "I do not have the power to assist you in a mortal's shape, what is that I can do?" Kalós voice booms from the shapeless and blinding light shining bright above them.

"Kalós, please help Ima, she is in dire need of you." Compter replies, as the light hovered over Ima.

"My child, I can no longer help her." Kalós explains, as the light got closer to the lifeless body. "The best we can do, is give her the honor of a proper ceremony to let her go." She said, as the light grew, covering Ima's body, and lifting her in the air.

The four teens lined up in a formal fashion, heads held high.

"Life, is given and must be cherished at all costs. Even when taken, the memories live on. Ima, the name given to this mortal, shall echo through generations of her blood." Ima says, as glittery gold, silver and white specks travel through strings going up. Her soul returning to the life source of Fos.

"May your soul be guided. Aratohu Wairua, lead the way." Kalós says. "Farewell to life lived, and go on."

"Farewell to life lived, and go on. Life continues, in your honor and memory." Venatte finds herself saying, as her other companions repeat after her.

Ima's body was now clothed in white, her skin brought back to the fair glow she had when she was in glory of her youth. He memories played out in images in the air surrounding her body like a protective wall. The day she adopted Cordis, and the horror of a blood-covered friend knocking at her door in the middle of the night. The memories start to disintegrate, and spread through the air where they remain. Her memories will no be part of this house as long as it stands.

"Now, we can't just leave her here. She is the first to know of the truth, and for that I shall put her in a place special for her in Fos." Kalós says finally and Ima's body shines brightly almost blinding and they were left in the blood stained house.

"We don't have time to grieve." Fenton says. "This wasn't a work of anything a human can do. It's your father's work, Venatte." Fenton says.

"It's not grief." Venatte sighs, as she lifts her hands, lifting the blood off the floor; she closes her palms into fist gathering the blood in a concentrated form, and finally she open her hands again and everything was as it was before. Sighing she wits down on the couch, her hands finding themself in her own hair pulling slightly.

"What's bothering you?" Elfsór asks, sitting next to her.

"That brief memory of that man, covered in blood knocking on Ima's door." Venatte says.