Chapter 7: "Unknown Business"

It was Saturday, and Cordis remained in Venatte's arms all through the rest of the day, the night before, with her mother's consent this time. She didn't bother getting up from Venatte's bed or even bothered continuing the project. She remained with her, letting everything in the past be forgotten. Cordis woke up first that day, turning around she looks up at Venatte, her big spoon.

"Good morning." Venatte smiles opening her eyes. "This is quite a surprise." She giggles.

"Morning... I'm surprised as you are." Cordis laughs.

"I finally see you let yourself be yourself with me. Who would've thought you could also be soft too." Venatte teases.

"I guess I misjudged you Miss Skotadi."

"And I just had to be patient with you Miss Light." Venatte says giving Cordis a Kiss.

"So.... should we work with the project now?"

"Screw it. It's a Saturday plus it's still seven weeks before its deadline." Venatte says.

"You know that next week clubs and organizations will be open, and we'd have to join for extra curricular credit. So we won't have much time, specially during Saturdays like these." Cordis says looking up at her.

"Clubs and Organizations?" Venatte asks, this did not come to her when she stepped in during the first day. "What are there for me to join?" She asks.

"Well.... What do you want to do? What do you enjoy?"

"You?"

"Very funny." Cordis laughs sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

"I don't know, I don't do a lot. I've never joined a club or organization before. What are you joining?"

"Creative writing or journalism. I could express myself better that way... What about you?" She answers.

Thinking about it, Venatte never did anything. She watched suasors in their world replica back at Skotadi. She would learn stories from record books her father has written. The only time she ever expressed herself was her painting of Cordis, on the day she met her now apparent set of friends. In this world of people, supposedly using them as puppets wasn't apparently as fun as having them around with you as friends.

"Art?" Venatte answers unsure.

"Cool you can join the event management board. They organize events, decorate and think of all things art basically." Cordis says.

"I'll look into that." Venatte smiles. "So..... breakfast?"

"I don't eat breakfast." Cordis answers.

"Just this once.... C'mon where do you want to eat?" Venatte asks.

"Honestly....." Cordis starts.

"Yeah?" Venatte asks.

"I haven't had waffles in quite some time." Cordis smiles.

"Waffles it is then." Venatte says giving her a kiss on the forehead.

"Your lips landed on me for over hundred times and it's been less than a week. What is going on here? You fucking flirt." Cordis giggles.

"It's cute. Now, shall we get dressed?" Venatte says, standing up letting the covers fall showing off all her skin.

"I was just with that, yesterday. Wow." Cordis whispers to herself, sighing.

"I have some clothes you can use." Venatte winks already dressed in lightwashed denim jeans and a black sweater. She pulls out a black dress from where she came from, which was actually just an empty closet. She just gathered power to make the rather beautiful dress appear.