Chapter 10: "Acknowledging Time"

"That's odd, you're not looking at her." Compter says, halfway through the first period of Monday. Another hickey present on the base of his throat.

"You and Elfsór seem to take it to the next level." Venatte says, changing the subject and turning his head towards Compter.

"What made you say so? Did he say anything to you?" Compter asks.

"Your hickey's on plain sight idiot." Venatte rolls her eyes.

"Will everyone's attention be on me please." Their teacher says, and they do as their told. "Miss Light. Eyes up here, please. Stop using your phone, and focus." She says looking at her.

Venatte shifts her gaze to catch a quick glimpse of her. Cordis's aura was a dark Navy Blue, the same shade she had when she out the front door of Venatte's home. Her red hair a mess, and almost every inch of her pale skin covered in all black clothing, a black hoodie, black skinny jeans, that aren't even ripped like they usually are, and black boots. She looked like she's grieving. It almost felt like Venatte was seeing her during the first day, the only difference is her now dark and disappointed aura. Cordis puts her phone back in her pocket, and shifts her eyes towards Venatte's direction, before looking up at their teacher.

"Things happen so quickly here." Venatte whispers, sitting back.

"More like, time go so slowly... I'm bored." Compter sighs, slumping in his seat.

"I guess right now you can say that." Venatte says looking at their teacher. "I want this day to be over." She sighs.

"Broke up?" Compter asks leaning a little closer to her ear.

"We never dated." Venatte answers looking down.

"Didn't seem like it. Elfsór told me a couple of things about her in the past, trying to get me jealous. That kinky little bastard." He smirks.

"What did he say?" Venatte asks.

"Turns out she's adopted, and that she's good in bed... like really really good in bed." Compter says.

"Can we not speak of sex right now, anything else he said about her?" Venatte asks.

"That's all the information he said he knew. Elfsór said that they promised not to talk about themselves, when they're together. Strictly sex apparently." He answers. "I mean... Though that sounds fun, I think.... I'll be giving this love thing another shot." Compter smiles.

"Oh right, you lost..." Venatte sighs looking down "Zoferós"

"I do not remember ever mentioning his name to you." A confused look taking over Compter's features. "And I don't remember ever mentioning him to anyone at all."

"It's complicated." She sighs.

In the middle of the conversation the bell rang cutting them off. Cordis remained in her seat following Venatte with her eyes, as she goes out the room.

"What happened between you two?" Compter asks as they walk.

"Not telling you." Venatte replies.

"Fine, whatever you do you. Elfsór's going to be in my next period." Compter says excitedly. "I'll see you later." He says running towards Elfsór who was leaning against the wall next to the door of their next period.

"Hey." He smirks, as Elfsór approaches him.

"Hello pretty boy." He giggles, pulling him by his shirt flirting with him as they go inside.

Sighing Venatte goes to her next period, and sits at the back. In the middle of the room, Fenton sat, head resting on his palm. Dark circles can be seen on his sunken eyes.