Chapter 5: "Denial"

"Hey Dear, dinner will be ready in a moment." Cordis's adoptive mother greets her as she enters what should be her home, but she still finds it hard to accept it.

"I'll be upstairs mom." She answers. She puts her bag down on her bedroom floor sighing. The conversation with Venatte came creeping up her thoughts. The rage on the world-bearers she kept within her remained fiery, the thought that her true bloodline is cursed or damned. She saw the creators of the world similar to the way Kakó saw the world, as thieves. She kept her walls up and guarded, until Venatte showed up and started annoying her, and started to see a side of her that nobody has ever seen. "She's just trying to get on my nerves." She sighs, taking the novel she was near to finishing.

When Venatte walked away, and let Cordis go her own way, she did not have a clear thought to wear she intends to go. She starts making her way home, for no particular reason. Suasors need not to rest a lot, because they are merely bodies whose souls are already taken, but since Venatte was born a human with the power of a world-bearer if she chooses to sleep and rest she can do as such, and she can receive dreams and nightmare as others, unlike Hara or Tentorie they have to pretend to be asleep, and not dream. She takes off her clothes and changes to underwear and cropped top, lies on her bed taking a deep sigh, and closes her eyes, as a knock on the door can be heard. With a groan she gets up, not bothering to even change her clothes. When she opens the door she's greeted with a familiar face of Cordis at her doorstep, her aura now the very lightest shade of Baby Blue, and remaining as such.

"A surprise seeing you here." Venatte smirks.

"I came to work on the project, I don't trust you at all."

"at all?"

"at all. Can I come in?" She asks.

"Sure love." Venatte grins stepping aside.

"Not even a trace of the party." Cordis states looking around, more to herself than a compliment to Venatte.

"Don't trust me?"

"Not one bit. We should start working on it.... I borrowed more books from the library before finally going here." Cordis says, putting down the thick textbooks and encyclopedias that she was to her chest on the floor.

"I thought grades didn't matter much to you, Cordis Light." Venatte chuckles.

"I do." She answers.

"With the attitude and vibe you give off, you still do. You are already an impossible target, and you are also hard to read. You never seize to surprise me." Venatte says sitting across from her.

"You may not care about yours, but I need mine."

"No you don't"

"I do, and can you please change to something that's actually decent." Cordis says looking at her, aura turning lavender as her eyes land on Vanatte's.

"It's hot love, I want to be comfortable in my own home." Venatte smirks.

"Whatever." She says eyes returning to the textbooks, aura changing to slightly darker shade of purple.

"I'm pretty sure you'd like to get that cardigan off of your body too. It's pretty toasty in here." Venatte grins.

"I'm very well comfortable in these clothes, thank you. Now help me with this project." She says.

"Alright." Venatte answers, scooting closer to Cordis to be next to her.

"You do chapter one and two of the project I'd take three to five. Okay?"

"Understood Miss Light." Venatte giggles.

"What are you trying to do Miss... I never heard anybody mention your surname."

"Skotadi." Venatte blurts out.

"Miss Skotadi."

"It's so weird hearing that." Venatte laughs.

"Exactly, now stop calling me miss Light."

"Alright baby girl." Venatte grins, making Cordis choke, her aura now vibrant Violet with that simple nickname that slipped out of Venatte's lips. "I know you want me, baby girl."

"I don't. I came here to study and work on the project." She says changing her aura to go lighter.

"You can change your own aura." Venatte says astonished.

"Let's get to work." She says ignoring her statement.

"You are a strong one love, but that doesn't mean I'm giving up that easily." Venatte says, hand snaking to her hips. "I know you enjoyed last night, you need to be reminded on how it was."

"No! I did not! I thought you'd be reasoned with."

"I can, but you can't"

"I can't? How can't I? I'm literally the one who went here so we can work on this together, and you're the one who's always changing the topic."

"You may be the one to come her, but we both know that's not the reason why you're here."

"Why then? Is it because I want your conceited ass?"

"I know you wanted to come after me when you walked away love, you wanted the time and attention I gave you."

"I've done very well on my own before you came into that school."

"Sure, closed off and numb. Very well, indeed."

"You are a demon, Venatte Skotadi"

"And you've fell in love with it."

"In love? Not a chance."

"You're in denial, love. I'll make you realize that." Venatte grins, lips attacking her neck.

"No!" Cordis says standing up.

"You really don't want to let anybody in don't you? Even when you yourself know you're craving for it." Venatte chuckles.

"I do not."

"Fine. I believe you." Venatte sighs. "I'll start with chapter one then, I'll just go get my laptop upstairs." She says getting up and goes up the stairs.

"In denial?" Cordis asks herself "What is wrong with her?"

"Nothing's wrong with me love, you're just not easy to persuade." Venatte giggles to herself, finally making it to her room, and gives herself a laptop, and makes her way back down.

Cordis now back in her original place, and Venatte takesa seat across from her. Cordis's aura changing to a Gray shade still with specks of purple, her side felt cold with Venatte's absence. Disappointed and the thought of Venatte's body against her still in her head. Venatte, actually started on their project, biting his lips while rereading the textbook lines that she needs to have a second read to understand. Cordis's eyes wanders to her face, firing up her lust, but she pushes it aside and goes back to her work, her aura changing back to how it was when Venatte opened the door for her.

......