Chapter 19: "Relations"

"That is valuable intel Venatte. Thank you." Kakó says, giving his daughter a soft kiss on the forehead, and she turned to mist returning to the Earth.

Kakó huffs, turning himself to mist visiting Kalós in Fos.

"I see you have heard the news." Kalós says in a monotone voice, not bothering to even look up from making new children for the world.

"Indeed I have, and no words will bring her back." Kakó says. "I have her." He says lifting his hand. Around his wrist was a braid of hair, weaved silver glimmering strands.

Kalós lifts her head to look at what her brother has meant. Gasping she accidentally stops her work, making the baby have deformities. "Oh no, no, no... No child, I am so sorry." She sighs. "You family shall love you for who you are." She says, caressing the baby's cheek, and it glowed gold, as he transferred to the womb of the woman that will bear him as her own son. "Kakó." She says, lifting herself up standing straight, turning to face her brother. "When you wished evil to brought upon this world, I was able to stop you, because your view was clouded by grief." She says walking up to him. "This is still a beauty worth cherishing. We as the second generation of world bearers we must be protecting them, not destroying them. Brother, you must stop this." Kalós pleas looking up at Kakó.

"They took something from me!" Kakó growls.

"And it's our duty to give!" Kalós argues. "They are more than just the toys they once were. They have feelings, emotions and lives of their own Kakó. There's love, happiness and kindness in each of them and you can see it through their relations, friends, and family. How do you not see that?" She tells him.

"Relations! Family! Friends! Don't fool yourself Kalós, you know that they themselves will end it, because their hatred, anger and greed would always overpower what is good." Kakó growls. "Stop being so naive, Kalós."

"Then stop being so closed and selfish! She is your daughter Kakó, you know she is one of them, why don't you give her a chance?"

"No! Love became my weakness, and it destroyed me! It hurt me! I will not let my daughter make decisions as stupid as falling in love with a monster!"

"They are not monsters!" Kalós huffs. "They are people, Kakó! They aren't meant to end their own lives, they are meant to live and make things better in their own time. They are meant to grow!"

"Have you seen growth in the past decade, sister?" Kakó glares. "Look at what they have done, their machines, their beliefs, they are destroying the world that we gave them!"

"Because you force them to!" Kalós argues.

"With or without my influence they will still destroy what they are given regardless of its beauty! They do not even deserve to have a home like this!" He says motioning to the replica of the world. "Because they let their pitiful ugly and evil emotions control them, with Venatte's souls on my wrist, she won't make naive stupid decisions like them! And I intend to purify the rest of them. Stay away from my daughter Kalós, because I will not let you near her again." Kakó growls, turning his back on Kalós and the braid of hair that adorned his wrist, got covered in a very thick black mist as if it was dipped in viscous dark tar.

"I cannot promise you that, and I am your sister, your power is equal to mine. Your spells won't work on me." Kalós glares at him.

"Indeed they won't, but you've devoted your powers to waste, using them to treat and help them, but I have learned to manipulate what I have and make it more powerful." Kalós says, turning his head to the side, giving a glance to his sister with the corner of his eye, and returning to Skotadi.

"Kakó!" Kalós calls for him, but he was already gone. "Brother... may your thoughts be wise again, for you very ambition to purify this world will be your very destruction. May your ears hear my words." She sighs.

Kalós turns around sighing approaching the replica of the world observing the deed of people, smiling, before a painful sting hit her chest. She falls to her knees, her fists clenched over her heart, hearing it beat loudly, her breaths becoming frantic. "Ligit om ot." She forces out, and the pain stopped as she gasp for air. Panting, she tries to stand up slowly, putting her hand on the table of the replica on the world. She lifts her head, whicing slightly trying to push up, as she catches a glimpse of Cordis's image on the replica, her aura glowing fiery orange almost gold. "Cordis." She was able to breathe out, before she pushes herself up. "Exigencies of own, bring them back to blood and bone. Strength travel through my spine, bring back the life that is mine." She whispers the incantation that their mother, sings to them back when she and Kakó were still little, and the people were indeed merely toys.

She stands up straight taking a deep breath, she closes her eyes, bringing herself to the world, with Cordis in mind. Her body glowed gold, her eyes turning to a blinding white shine, and she was brought to the Earth on the porch of someone's home. Kalós opens her eyes, as the gold glow fades and she was in the form of a beautiful woman. She turns around, looking around looking for Cordis. She spun around, a complete rotation but Cordis was not to be found.

"No, no, no... this is wrong... this is wrong..." Kalós closed her eyes, again beginning to glow, but it was like her power has faded. Sighing, she just knocks on the door. "Hello?" She calls knocking again, this time a little louder.

"Just a second..." She hears someone answer from the inside, before the door gets open.

"How can I help you?" The sweet woman smiles.

"Uhmmm... Yes, have you any idea where I may find a young lady named Cordis Light?" Kalós asks.

"W-what do you need of her?" The woman asks, her lips trembling a little.

"I just want to talk to her regarding on the effect she has on my niece." Kalós smiles. "No need to worry, it's a good thing. I really must have a word with her." She smiles.

"I'm sorry, but my daughter just got out with her friends, and I'm not sure when they'll be back... Please, come in." The sweet woman opens the door completely, letting her in, as Kalós steps inside.

"Thank you..." Kalós smiles at her as she sits down on one of the couches.

"I'm Ima... I'll go get some tea, I'll be right back." Ima offers, before going into the kitchen.

Kalós sighs as she waits, looking down at her palms which looked pale, the golden glow in them looked faded and subtle, too subtle.

"It's a little cooled down already, I've already boiled some tea prior to your coming, but it's still hot enough... I think..." Ima smiles letting down the tea tray on the living room table, before sitting down on the couch opposite to Kalós. "What was it about my daughter that you need to speak about?" She asks.

"That's an explanation that requires a long period of time." Kalós weakly smiles, taking a sip.

"No... Please." Ima smiles. "I am done for my work for today. We have time."

Kalós smiles, looking at her. "Well in that case." She takes a deep breath. "What I am about to tell you may put you in danger, but if you insist." She sighs, smiling weakly. "Then I will tell you."

Ima leans in closer, anxiety starting to creep up her spine, up to her mind. Her palms beginning to become sweaty.

"Your beliefs aren't exactly accurate." Kalós starts explaining, and Ima just listened closely at every word.

.....