Chapter 11: "Overruled by Emotions"

The next day went almost the same, it was bland not hearing her voice. Cordis' aura possessed an orange tint. She was hopeful, her skin looked glowing. Such a beautiful view. "Hey, Venatte..." Compter calls her.

"Yeah?" Venatte responses.

"Remember when I asked you about Cordis yesterday?"

"When? Lunch or same as now?" Her gaze was locked on Cordis, memorizing the picture.

"She asked if you two can talk through me." Compter smiles. "Seems like she's fallen for your charms. Got her hooked."

"I have?" Venatte grins looking at Compter, her face lighting up. "She's fallen for me?"

"Seems like it. You got her talking about things she's kept to herself for a long time." Compter admits. "Tears were streaming down her face yesterday." He adds.

"I wish I was there to wipe them. Human's emotions are so complex to understand, that I didn't even know. For someone who is half human I should have a better understanding than my father." Venatte explains. "She's risking her life." She sighs, looking back at her. "You don't have to." She whispers, waving her hand slightly towards Cordis's table making a note on a black card written in the silver shade her eyes had when an overwhelming mix of emotions go through her, and a white rose appear on her table, next to Cordis's fair elbow.

Cordis looks down, smiling, her aura growing and gold specks seem to litter some parts of it. She looks back at Venatte and smiles. Venatte smiles in return, waving her hand again leaving a pen on Cordis's palm, it had a silver body and the tip, was a black crystal. Venatte winks at her, receiving a sly smirk from Cordis.

"What is going on?" Compter asks, astonished mouth agape, hands on his head, palm pressed to his temples.

"Shit." Venatte mutters under her breath. "Compter, I'm so sorry. I need to do this." She raises her hand slightly. "Ayromem nihugab, nikasapam ang ayromem" She whispers, her hand taking in white puffs of smoke, taking a recent memory, as Compter sits up, pressing his fingers to his temples, and gently moves them in a circular motion.

"Fuck..." he groans.

"Compter?" Venatte asks. "What's wrong?"

"This fucking migraine can kill me." He groans again.

"Should I tell our teacher?" Venatte asks. Compter nods in reply. "Ma'am, Compter needs to go the clinic." Venatte says raising her hand.

"Alright, Miss Skotadi. Assists him, you shall be excused." Their teacher says politely.

Cordis was scribbling on the black paper, silver letters forming on it. "How the fuck will I give this to Venatte?" She asks herself, and the paper turned to mist, and ended up in Venatte's palm, as the walk through the hallway. 'What happened? Is he alright?' Cordis asked. 'It's alright, I just had to erase his memory of seeing me use magic.' Venatte flips the card with her fingers and it returned to Cordis's table.

"You can return to your class now, Miss..." the nurse looks at her asking her to finish his sentence.

"Skotadi." She answers, sticking to the surname she gave herself.

"Miss Skotadi." The nurse nods.

Venatte recieved the black card again, 'Is that why I seem to have a blank page on my memories of you creating the project?' Cordis asks, making Venatte sigh. 'Let's talk shortly after first period.' She writes, nervously, as the bell rang. "Sooner than I expected. Shit." She mutters.

"Venatte!" She hears a male voice calling her, turning around, she saw Elfsór making his way towards her. "Have you seen, Compter?" He asks.

"Seems like you've fallen for him too, haven't you?" Venatte asks, thinking of Compter's statement of Cordis falling for her, as she smiles.