Chapter 2

Today was the day Park Jimin was taking charge as my new boss. Mr. Park had passed down the company to his son due to his deteriorating health. Well, it was not like he had not warned me about this.

To say, that I was a nervous wreck was an understatememt. The first thing I did when I woke up today was fall off my bed. I accidentally put the milk before cereal. FML. I almost got hit by a vehicle while crossing the road. It was like everything I did was giving me signs that today wasn't going to be a great day. Well, maybe I was just paranoid. Can't say.

I had no idea what to expect. Except for the few good words I had heard about him from my previous boss and the fact that he was two years older than me, I had no idea what kind of a person Park Jimin actually was. I had no idea of how he looked or the way he talked. I had no idea how his voice would sound. Would he look like his father or at least be like his father? I had no idea about anything and as the seconds passed by, I was feeling more and more uneasy.

This was a man I was going to spend the rest of my life with. Okay, maybe I am exaggerating, but to think about it, I would probably have to work for him for the rest of my life, so I might as well have to make the best first impression ever.

Another reason for me to hyperventilate was the fact that I had started working for Mr.Park as soon as I had finished my education, so I had no experience anywhere else. It's not that I was bad at my job but I'm just nervous. What if he doesn't like me? How will I make a good im- Okay stop. I need to stop thinking.

After all he is Mr.Park's son, right? He must be a nice person.

*******

I knocked on the door, still hyperventilating. If anybody saw me now, they would think I was having an asthma attack.

I heard a deep voice telling me to ‘Come in.’ This was the voice I had to get used to. It actually sounds nice. I went in.

Damn! And this was the moment where everything just froze.

This looked like a K-Drama. There he was sitting behind the table. His hair, metallic grey. He was wearing a black coat that had silver designs, which I could tell took time and skill to make. But his face! Oh God, his face!

How can anyone look so godly!

He looked up at me and his eyebrows scrunched up in confusion.

I froze.

All I wanted to do was stand there and admire his masterpiece of a face. Every inch of it was beauty at its finest. His features were so bold, and yet he had this soft look to his face. The way everything fit together so well was the best example of God's skill as a sculptor.

What bliss God must've been in, to make something so fine as him! If he was the model, I would be the painter and if he was love, I would be the poet, because there was nothing I wanted to do more than admire him.

But I don't think you would understand me with mere words. In fact, using words would only spoil his charm.

After all how can anyone describe this heavenly creature sitting at the CEO's table in Park Internationals!

He realized he wasn't getting a reaction from me anytime soon, so he asked, snapping me out of my daze, “Yes, may I help you?”

God! His voice is enough to make me-
Professionalism, Y/N, professionalism

“H-hello, Mr.Park. I am Baek Y/N, your personal secretary.” I smiled and praised myself mentally for stuttering only once.

“Oh. You,” he simply said. Maybe I was just imagining it but in a split second I felt like his soft eyes had become dark, which had some kind of spite hiding in it. Nah, I am probably imagining it.

I smiled, hoping to be greeted by his smile. He must have a sweet smile. Can I withstand it? Or would it be the way I die? I wouldn't complain though.

“You're late,” he deadpanned.

I was bit taken aback, “Huh? But it's only 8:55. I am only supposed to report at 9:00.” I sensed a little hostility in his voice, but the smile on my face didn't vanish.

“I don't care about what you were doing for so many years under my father, but from today I am the boss here and I expect you to do some WORK. And for that you start at 8:00 from tomorrow. That's rule no. 1 for you.”

“Oh.” I honestly didn't know what to say. His words were a little harsh and spiteful. I screwed up my first impression.

“ ‘Oh’ is not an answer, Y/N.”

“Yes.”

“Yes what?”

“Y-yes, sir.”

“I haven't given you permission to drop the honorifics.” He muttered under his breath, but loud enough for me to hear it.

I stood there expecting him to tell me what to do next. I need to fix my impression, somehow.

“What are you planning to do standing there? Is that what you have been doing for the two years you've worked here?” His tone was more harsher this time.

“No, sir,” I don't want to cry. It's my first day.

“Then go do something productive. I have a couple of files on your table. They should have been done 30 minutes ago, but since you are late.” He rolled his eyes.

“Y-yes, sir.”

I quickly ran out of his room and towards my desk.

Oh My God! What. Just. Happened. I couldn't comprehend what was going on exactly.

My gaze quickly fell on the table in front of me. “Couple of files?” I sighed eyeing the big pile of files placed on my desk.

How can I possibly work for him?

_________________________________________