Chapter 44

YOUR POV

You knocked on the door and heard a ‘Come in.’

“Here are your files, sir.” You kept the files on his desk.

He frowned.

“Y/N-ah, how many times should I tell you to call me by my name. Plus, you don't really have to knock, you know.”

“Oops I'm sorry, Tae. Old habits die hard.” You smiled at him.

It's been two weeks since you started working for Taehyung. Everything was going great. It didn't even feel like work.

Old memories still haunted you. It wasn't that old after all. You still remembered your former company, Mr. Park and…. him. But it was over. A new chapter just opened up in your life and you had to look forward to it rather than being obsessed with how the previous one turned out .....or how it could have turned out.

‘You know what, I'm over it.’ You sighed. ‘I won't think about Jimin anymore. Only Taehyung.’

“Can you come here for a second?” He asked you while looking at his desktop.

You went to him quickly and leaned down to look at the computer as you thought he was going to show you something.

With one swift motion, he pulled you towards him so that now you were sitting on his lap.

You looked at him shocked.

“What are you doing? Somebody's gonna come.” You giggled and tried to move away. But he locked you in with his arms.

“Nobody's gonna come.” He put his head on your shoulder.

You both sat there for a little while like that.

“Are we gonna stay like this for the entire day?”

“I don't mind.” he hugged you tighter causing you to laugh.

Honestly, you didn't mind either. You felt you were gonna fall so you shifted to sit comfortably on his lap.

“Ahh stop moving. It's difficult to control.”

“What?” You didn't understand what he was saying. He doesn't make sense half of the time.

“I need to go, Tae.”

He scowled and let you go.

‘I guess this is how life is gonna be for me from now.’

‘Hmm.. It's good..’

*********

“What the fuck is this?” Jimin screamed at the girl who was standing in front of him.

The girl was about to break down any moment now. Anyone would if they had been screamed at for the past eight hours. Poor girl, it was only her first day.

“But sir, it's the file you asked.” She whimpered under Jimin's strong gaze.

“I KNOW WHAT THE FUCK THIS IS. THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE SUBMITTED ONE HOUR AGO.” He stood up, his anger raising with him.

“YOU'RE FIRED. GET OUT.” He said signalling towards the door.

This was the third secretary this week and it was only wednesday.

The hiring manager was done with Jimin's impatience.

He fired the first one because her perfume made Jimin want to puke.

He fired the second one because her voice was too manly.

He fired the third one because she couldn't proofread a 100-page document in under one hour.

Well honestly, no one could...

Except you.

Without you, the company was a mess. Not that you were that important or anything.

No. It was because without you, Jimin was a mess. And how can a vehicle move forward if the driver was dead?

He knew that you had started working for Taehyung now. You were his secretary and his girlfriend.

'And Taehyung probably doesn't have to pay to keep her around.'

He parked near a building outside your house.

He had been coming there everyday now. Though Jimin didn't like to admit it, he knew this was stalking. God, you made him hate himself.... he was doing all unacceptable things because of you...

It was around 6pm. It's the time you usually came home.

Jimin saw Taehyung's car stopping just in front of your house. You and Taehyung got out giggling. ‘It must be nice.’ He thought.

Jimin knew that he didn't deserve you . If anyone did that would be Taehyung. He knew that he shouldn't interfere between the two of you. And he wasn't interfering either. He just wanted to see you.…from a safe distance.

You kissed Taehyung and bid him bye and went in.

Taehyung and Jimin both stared at your closed door hoping to catch a glance of you again for tonight.

Even though one admitted and the other didn't like to admit it, they were both so deeply in love with you.

_________________________________________