Chapter 28 +

JIMIN POV

God, I want to fire her so bad but my father will burn me alive then. But thinking about it... She could quit and be gone..... I could make her quit.....And the only way I can make her quit is by driving her crazy to the point where she can't even think about working with me.....

“Did I give you permission to walk in without knocking?” I said.

“Sorry, sir.” She smiled at me. I would have thought it to be sweet. But alas, poor her, I know what she really is. She would have got a lot of attention from my father and maybe other men with that smile but that wouldn't work with me.

“Get out and come in after knocking. Rule no. 2. Only come in when I tell you to come in.”

She was shocked. I'm pretty sure that she never got this kind of treatment before. If I keep this up she'll quit today itself. She quickly did what I asked.

As I was going through the files, she kept coming closer to me. She was doing it unintentionally....Ha!!! Or that's what anyone who doesn't really know her would think.

It was so clear she was trying to seduce me.

Now that my father has gone, she needs someone to stick onto. And who better than Mr.Park's handsome, young son.

“What are you doing?” I snapped.

“Hmm?” She asked pretending innocence.

“Okay, Rule no.3. Always maintain a distance of two feet from me, understand?”

She was shocked. I could see it on her face. Y/N, take that.

“Rule no.4. I don't want to see any extraordinary expressions of yours. This is a workplace, not a dramaclass. Okay?” I continued.

“Rule no. 5. Reply to me at all times. Whether I ask you, order you, command you, call you, text you.….. And you shall not call me by any names other than ‘Sir’ or ‘Mr.Park’. Got it?”

There was no reply. I sighed. “Are you deaf? What did I just say?”

“Oh y-yes, sir.”

“Rule no.6. Maintain a notebook for all the rules I am telling you. There will be quite a few.”

All these rules will drive her crazy.

“Yes, sir.”

“That's all.” I said continuing to look at the files. I must admit she did arrange everything perfectly. I thought that she got this job on father's recommendation. Maybe she's just trying to suck up to me. Ugh. Disgusting!

I read through the files and gave her a glare.

“Who the hell will arrange them in numerical order?” I said my voice a pitch higher.

“I will do them, sir.” I could feel the shakiness in her voice. Good. I want her to quit as soon as possible.

“Please, will you?”

She quickly took the files from my desk.

“And do them in about five minutes. You still have plenty more work to do.” I smirked.

This is definitely working.

*********

“Take these files with you when you go. I want them proof-read by tomorrow morning.”

“Are you serious?” She snapped. I was excited. She's gonna quit now and though it's a pity I couldn't harass her more, at least she'll be gone.

“I'm sorry, Mr. Park but do you have a problem with me? Did I do something wrong?”

I feigned innocence and amusement. “Are you asking this because of the work, Y/N?”

She glared at me. Well, work must have been fun for her till now. But now that I am the boss I really wanted to show her how real people work. I wanted her to know what it was like to fight for things and not simply get what she didn't deserve

I got up from my chair, walked around to the table's front and leaned on it. “I'm sorry babe. I don't know what kind of work you've been doing till now but if you can't handle this much of work for even one day then….” I leaned forward emphasizing the last word. I wanted her to know how much I hated her.

“……QUIT.” This was so exciting.

She looked into my eyes. She's gonna quit. She's considering it. Any moment now.

“Of course not, sir. A secretary should at least do this much, right?” She faked a smile.  “I was just afraid of any misunderstandings between you and me.”

I was shocked. Of course, I didn't show it.
Why was she staying on?
Never mind. The longer she stays, the more pathetic I'll make her feel about herself.

I gave her a smile. Not a genuine one.

“Of course, there aren't any. Don't worry about it.” I said breaking eye contact.

“Okay then, I'll take my leave.… SIR.” She said picking up the files.

“Also Y/N, one more thing.” I looked into her eyes again.

“Rule no.7. Don't even think about complaining to my father.”

‘Don't even think that you can escape from this hell hole that I have designed specially for you.’

_________________________________________