Chapter 21

“Where is your head nowadays?”

You looked at Mr. Grumpy checking the files you submitted to him.

“Hmm?” You raised your eyebrows.

“Oh wait, you never had one to begin with. Do this entire report again. IN TEN MINUTES.”

“Yes, sir.” You took the files. You were used to this.

Of course, Jimin was always grumpy. Infact a little bit more grumpy nowadays. Maybe due to the fact that you were going home early.

‘Well isn't that what he wanted anyway? For me to be gone.’

********

The phone on your desk rang and you picked it up. “Good morning. Park Internationals. This is Y/N. How ma-?”

“I know, babe.”

“Taehyung?”

“Yup, why aren't you picking up your phone?”

You checked your phone and realized it was on silent.

“Sorry, it was on silent. So what's up?”

“Yeah I wanted to tell I'll be there by five.” You could hear him smiling.

“Don't you literally have no work? Aren't you like the CEO of some company or something? No meetings or stuff?” You laughed. This boy was literally here everyday.

“I do them quick so I can meet you.” You cringed at his aegyo.

“Eww.”

“Okay sorry. But I'll come there early cause I have to do some work there.”

“Be careful, Mr.Crank-o-saurus is ready to eat anyone up.”

Taehyung laughed and cut the call.

*********

“Here are the documents sir.”

“Complete this quickly.” He gives you another bunch of files without looking at you.

You head towards door when he stops you again.

“Miss Y/N.”

“Hmm?” You look back at him.

“The company phones are strictly for company use. DO NOT USE THEM FOR YOUR PRIVATE CONVERSATIONS.” He said and pressed something and your conversation replayed.

‘……..Be careful, Mr.Crank-o-saurus is ready to eat anyone up.’

Well shit.

**********

Taehyung came early like he said. Apparently he wanted to check out some documents with Jimin personally.

“Why don't you help me go through some of them?” Taehyung suggested.

So now you were both sitting on the sofa in Jimin's office looking through some of the documents.

“Jimin, can Y/N go early today?”

“No.”

“Please.”

“No.”

Taehyung gave up and thought he'll ask again after some time.

With Taehyung work didn't feel like work at all. You were giggling and making fun of each other and the little space between you two seemed a bit too unprofessional to a third person aka Jimin.

It seemed that you both were a bit too loud since Jimin screamed
“Get lost both of you. You are so annoying. Just go wherever you want to.” He was red with anger.

**********

Now you were sitting at Tae's home. He offered you a massage since he knows all the things Jimin makes you do.

“So, why do you like Mr. Park so much?”

“Well, I lost both of my parents when I was pretty young. I lived with my grandmother after that. She used to work in a local shop and earned our living. But when I was twelve, she got in an accident and was bedridden and she couldn't work anymore. So I picked up jobs here and there. For a few years that was enough. But then how much can I do really? Then when I was fifteen she became seriously ill and she needed an operation and I put my whole savings into it and also took loans. She had the operation and became better but then we had no money to pay off the loan sharks and was almost kicked out of our house.”

“That's when Mr. Park came to us. At first, I didn't quite get as to why he was helping us. But then he told us that my father was his close friend and he didn't want to see us in this state. He paid off all my loans and even paid for my education and got us a new house. You can imagine why I see him as a God.”

Taehyung nodded.

“All he ever asked from me was to work for him and……”

“And?” Taehyung asked curiously.

“And to look after Jimin.”

“Look after him? What is he five?”

You chuckled. "Well, no he is, to be accurate, only three..."

Taehyung laughed, "So, now I get why you work there.. I always thought you were too smart to be just a secretary.."

You blushed. 'It's nice to hear somebody call you smart more than pretty'

**

“Promise me one thing, Y/N-ah.”

You looked at the tired old man in front of you.

“Promise me that you'll look after Jimin.”

You chuckled. “Sir, I don't really know what I can do to look after him. He's more experienced than me.”

“He's pretty smart but can be a bit hot-headed sometimes. You have been here longer. You have seen more things than him. Be by him. Tell him who can be trusted, who he shouldn't? You will guide him, right?” He spoke, his eyes and tone soft.

“Honestly he's a dumb kid…” He said causing you to chuckle “…..but he's a nice one. So you'll help him right? Not only in company related affairs….. This is not an order….It's just my request.”

**

“So you tell me, how can I just give up on the one thing he asked me to do? I'll stick to him, Tae, I'll help him ..…..even if he doesn't need my help.” You drifted off as Taehyung pressed your legs. “Oh there.”

“Here?” He pressed your calf again.

Your phone rang. Taehyung picked it up.

“Jimin.” He read the name off the screen and looked at you.

“I don't wanna speak to him. You speak.”

“Hello.” Taehyung said picking up the phone.

“Taehyung? Where is Y/N?” You could hear Jimin's voice from the other end. You made a ‘no’ sign with your hand. Taehyung chuckled and continued pressing your legs.

“Uhhh she's kinda busy.” He said pressing your calf again.

“Can you ask her where she kept the accoun-”

Taehyung pressed the right spot on your calf again and you moaned

You moaned.

You didn't give much importance to it.

Well Taehyung did, a crimson blush creeping up onto his cheeks.

So did Jimin. He heard it, loud and clear making his thoughts reaching to places it shouldn't.

He quickly cut the call. He didn't want to waste your quality time. Not that he cared that you were having any ‘quality’ time.

‘I don't care. I really don't.’

‘Disgusting people.’

_________________________________________