Chapter 19

You gulped. You felt thirsty all of a sudden so you quickly gobbled down a glass of water. You later wished you didn't because now you were choking on water embarassing yourself. It took you five minutes to recover from that whole episode.

You looked at Taehyung who was looking at you anticipating your answer.

"Did Jimin put you up to this?"

"Put me up to what?"

"The prank? Cuz that's what it looks like... is this some kind of a movie?!"

"God, Y/N..I'm serious.."

"Oh.. But it's weird..." You said faintly, "I mean..I don't mean to be rude...But why me?"

"Of course, that isn't rude to ask.. I mean I would have concluded you were stupid if you didn't ask that. See, from what you have said and what I have heard it's pretty clear that Jimin treats you like shit."

Even though you knew deep inside that was true, being said that right on your face somehow hurt.

"And right now there is vacancy for the position of my secretary. And moreover..... after seeing you.. I have just decided to open up a vacancy for another position."

You looked at him enquiringly.

"The position of my girlfriend."

'Jeez..how cheesy is this guy....'

"So..." He trailed off urging you to speak.

"Okay let's go one by one.
Quit Park Internationals. No. I can't. I'm sorry."

Taehyung looked curious but not surprised, "Why? He treats you like shit!"

"Yes, but I owe a lot to his father and that company. If it weren't for him, I'd be in the streets selling my dignity along with my body."

Taehyung nodded his head accepting your opinion.

"Second, work for you. I think it would be a great pleasure to work for you, Taehyung. I'd probably be in a happier place. And I would if I could work in two places at the same time. But I have neither the energy nor the time to do that so I'll politely decline that too. I'm sorry."

"There's one more proposal left." He said looking hopeful.

"That's a joke, right?" You laughed. You didn't understand why exactly he was asking you that. 'He's a handsome and nice guy. Why would he want someone like me?'

"It isn't. I'm fine with you staying with Park Internationals and not working for me. But if you decline this, how else am I supposed to woo you into liking me? At least give this a chance. You won't regret it."

"But why me? Don't you have a lot of other girls who you might find interesting?"

"But I want to date you."

"You know, you sound creepy. Are you gonna kidnap me and sell my organs or something?" You laughed. "Why would you want someone like me?"

"Why wouldn't I want someone like you?" He said taking your hands into his.

You bit your lips in hesitation.

"Just one chance. I won't force you if you're not interested anymore."

"Okay..."

********

That night you lay in bed staring at the ceiling.

'Is this it?'

Is this the moment you weren't single anymore. God it finally came true!

Maybe there's hope you won't die alone.

'If this happened to me then there is hope for anybody!'

"Kim Taehyung, my boyfriend." A blush crept up your cheek.

*********

You were in a nice mood today. Everything was more meaningful. Life was more beautiful. The sun, the birds, the people. Even the traffic jam was beautiful to you. Okay, maybe now you were slipping into insanity but still Kim Taehyung is a beautiful man.

You hummed as you sat at your desk.

The devil called you a few times to his room and shouted at you but that didn't really bother you. You smiled and replied and did as he told you to.

It did bother Jimin that you were more giggly and bubbly and wasn't making any faces at him behind his back. He wondered if his long-lost friend had something to do with it. It's not like he was bothered by it or anything. Nor did he SCREW UP an entire document because he wasn't concentrating. God..everything in Jimin's world is so annoying today.

It was around five in the evening when Taehyung came. He quickly came to your desk and ruffled up your hair. You frowned at him and took on a poker face while your inner self was giggling at his silliness.

"When do you get off work?"

"At nine, of course."

He pouted. He quickly grabbed your hands and pulled you to Jimin's office.

"Hey Jiminie, bro can Y/N go?" He said to a Jimin who was quite surprised by his friend's sudden and 'quite unnecessary' arrival.

Jimin took a few seconds to respond as he was analysing Taehyung's hand holding yours. You hid behind Taehyung so as to protect yourself from his piercing gaze.

"No." He deadpanned.

"Why?" Taehyung caused a tantrum like a little child.

"Because she's my secretary."

"Well, she's my girlfriend."

It took Jimin a few seconds to respond. You observed his expressions curiously. You could find.....there was a hint of .... nothing. You didn't know why you were so disappointed.

"Well, I am the one who pays her so."

"Well that's the only way she'll stay close to you." Taehyung snorted. You must admit that was funny. If it weren't aimed at Jimin, he would have laughed too.

"Shut up, Taehyung. Why are you even here?"
Jimin seemed irritated.

"I'm here to collect my girlfriend." He said smiling back at your cowering form.

"You can't. She still has work to complete. A lot of work. So it's better if you leav-"

"Okay, I'll help you." He smiled at you again. You blushed. 'Why is he such a fluffball?'

You quickly started getting to work and Tae was such a great help. The work which you needed 4 hours to complete was over in 2 hours. You quickly submitted everything and left before Jimin could give you any more.

"Where do wanna go?" He said pressing the elevator button.

"Anywhere you like. Let's take the stairs." You suggested more like pulling Taehyung along with you. "...It's more healthy."

"Says the person who gobbbled down two pizzas yesterday." He snorted.

You rolled your eyes at him and giggled because he was right.

'Ah...'

You were enjoying life again.

Finally you felt like Park Jimin didn't matter to you anymore.

Not that he ever did.....

He was and will always be just your boss.

_________________________________________